Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we?

Default Can we?

Can we perhaps compile a single post that could be stickied with all of the MR sound clips (Powerup, Idle, Motion, Clash, and Powerdown.) I think it would be benificial to any considering building a saber that may be interested in using an FX board.

I could offer ESB Vader and ROTS Anakin.

Its just a thought.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There are 2 sound boards, Jedi and Sith. No matter what FX sabers they are in, they sound the same. Vader, Maul and Dooku have the same "font". Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Mace all have the same "font". So you've got the two boards that there are.

Though apparently they have a different the board in the Ventress saber, something new, but the sound is very low and faint.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks for that Loreen... I was unaware that there were only two fonts, for some reason I thought they were all unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Thanks for that Loreen... I was unaware that there were only two fonts, for some reason I thought they were all unique.
    True, we do refer to them as if they were unique.
    But when we say "MR/FX Luke ROTJ" or "MR Mace" we really just mean Jedi board.

Funny how we give the boards completely meaningless titles, eh?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Well, that isn't entirely true. The boards are different. Wiring wise, the Luke ROTJ is different from the Ani ROTS. The sounds are the same though.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The first post was about how the boards sound, so that's what I was talking about.

I don't know why there are so many differently wired boards.

What's up with the four wires to/from the switch on the Mace board?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Excellent point, JL... I remember that. Weird. Personally? I think it was something like a DPDT switch, and for WHATEVER reason... they just wired up all the contacts.

Only Zeus' less-powerful, midget cousin Zom knows EXACTLY WHY they have 4 wires there.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Still seems like a sound idea. It would be nice to see someone with both make a vid with them as well as some hasbro boards. I'm also curious what the sensitivity is like on them too.

I'd love to use only the best boards but with price and availabilty I'm starting to weight my options so I can afford to do more builds.

You can't just buy a MR board though you need to gut an MR to get one right?

You have to either gut one or pick one up somewhere online like fleabay.

They can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    The first post was about how the boards sound, so that's what I was talking about.

I don't know why there are so many differently wired boards.

What's up with the four wires to/from the switch on the Mace board?
    I would imagine that to be a hold-over from the EL versions of the sabers they had planned to build, when they decided to change them over to LED strings instead, just like the 6-AAA battery holders. One circuit of the switch would activate the EL, the other, the sound....maybe....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.