Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Saber Forge SaberSound quick change?

Default Saber Forge SaberSound quick change?

Is it advisable to hook up a sabersound 1.0 with a quick connect plug so i can change the LED?

It's quite feasible so long as you put the appropriate resistor on the LED side of the quick connect if you're essentially direct driving the LED on a seperate circuit from the sabersound.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It's not advisable to buy a Sabersound board...

Putting an LED on a quick change is fine
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Haha!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

i would de advise against geting a soundboard rom him. it tokk him almost two weeks to get me mine. even though he had them in stock. I wish I would have saved the oney to get a US. Tim has way way better customer service.

Banned Sith Lord

plus they arent good anyway. the swings are not sensitive enough and the clash is way to sensitive and the power management is the worst in the galaxy.

thanks for the quick feedback... ill try to have enough money for the next version of ultrasound

I have a question about this board.

I was told that at 6V input the default ouput was 4V and 1000mAh, so I used a 1 Ohm, 2 Watt resistor with a Green Seoul P4 (forward Voltage: 3.25V).
    http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

I noticed that LED got hot really fast though, so I turned the saber off before it got fried.

Is this board a straight pass through from input to LED output? In that case, what resistor should I use?
    Last edited by sfer1; 11-19-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

No one really knows. Saberforge has been totally silent lately. I'd suggest bringing it up on his thread for Sabersound at FX Sabers. He checks that account more often that this account, I believe.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    I have a question about this board.

I was told that at 6V input the default ouput was 4V and 1000mAh, so I used a 1 Ohm, 2 Watt resistor with a Green Seoul P4 (forward Voltage: 3.25V).
    http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

I noticed that LED got hot really fast though, so I turned the saber off before it got fried.

Is this board a straight pass through from input to LED output? In that case, what resistor should I use?
    I believe it's a straight pass through.