Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3/4 " OD diffuser question

Thanks for the advice. Where did you get your diffuser from? J-Lo and I were going to try to do this, but Tim doesn't offer a thinner diffuser. Corbin offered to build me a blade using his diffuser and I may go with that. Do you have any pics showing the comparison between the 3/4 inch and 1 inch?

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Unfortunately I do not have a 1" blade, but I recomend http://www.grafixplastics.com/acetate_film.asp go to the retail locator and you should be able to find something in your area

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ahh... acetate is similar to mylar and lots of other films. What thickness did you get?

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Relitively sure I got .003 but I'll have to check on it for you, said on the site that it's a blend of acetate AND mylar, not sure if that helps you or not, will update with pics tonight

Ok, here is my 36" 1/8" thick with acetate&mirror (left) next to a 34" 1/8" thick empty blade that I was attempting to sand the inside of. The material I use was an acetate/mylar blend. I recomend going to http://www.grafixplastics.com/acetate_film.asp <- this is the same stuff I have you can use the "store locate" option to find it near you, I got a 20" x 12' roll for $6 (as a side note the "correct" length for a lightsabre from the emitter matrix to the tip is 36" or 3 feet. This is just a general principle for standard sabres, the sabre shown here meets that but has an emitter shroud that is 2" up from the emitter matrix making the effective dueling surface 34", but you didn't hear that from me, I have a 36" blade, well actually 38" if you count the 2 in the hilt.....[/rant]

You'll have to forgive the image quality I've got an old camera,
    ok so this is the 34" in a lit room with a royal blue led

36" mirror

The next two are to give perspective this is the 34" next to a el JLo style high brightness dark blue. Followed by the corrisponding 36"

Hope this helps guys (the 34" is actually darker IRL it just appears bright because I tryed to sand the inside /didn't work/ just looks like acrylic blue with a light shining through it.)

Good pics. Maybe I won't have to do the 1 inch after all. We use 40 inch blades based on the EL standard blade length and the length of the shinai, that's 38 with 2 inches in the hilt. That's only a 2 inch difference, so it shouldn't change much. Thanks for your input. I will talk to J-Lo about this later and order some of that film you talked about.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">Don, you, or I, can pick up some of that film at Michael's.

I need to talk to you about another alternative, to see if you want to experiment with that, too.</font id="blue"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Got your call. We can move ahead on this.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base