Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 " OD diffuser question

Default 3/4 " OD diffuser question

Hey all, I'm using the 3/4" polycarbonate blade because I like the thiner blade as well as I converted my el sabre so kinda stuck with the size so to speak. I was having a bit of difficulty with the upper portion of the blade liting up, it's quite dim in comparison, I realize this is inevidable, however I was thinking if I ditched the diffuser tube and sanded the inside of the polycarbonate that should increase the ammount of light able to be diffused through the tube right? I was also wondering about maybe upping the led to the Luxeon V? Any imput is appreciated.

-Master Rod-Wan Déattrod

If you switch to a narrow optic such as 5 degree and change to maybe a film for a blade diffuser with a mirrored surface on the end cap of your blade it should help even out the light.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Try this Topic.

There is a couple more out there if you search a little harder than I did.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Do you have a mirror or some kind of reflector in the tip? That is a must. I think you may also want to browse the thread about using different films in the blade. Good Luck.

EDIT-Beatin by my Master and the Derailment CO, Two finger typing sucks!

<center></center>

Actually the optic lense and mirror were the first thing that I thought of, while they did make the blade brighter it's not quite at the level it need's to be. I'll check on the film but last time I worked with a film "lightech" I wasn't impressed, I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

<font color="gold"><font size="4">Jedi Master</font id="gold"></font id="size4">
    <font color="blue"><font size="5">Rod-Wan Déattrod</font id="blue"></font id="size5">
    <font color="brown"><font size="5">Jedi Of The Old Republic</font id="brown"></font id="size5">

<font size="3">"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perserverance, all things are possible."</font id="size3">

Corbin has a good blade film that works well and others have used some different types of film with good results check the FAQ and Thread Index sections for their info.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The diffuser is going to be the issue on this. I'm assuming that you stuck with the EL one. It's too thick. Either you need to go for a film or a thinner diffuser. I'd look at McMaster's and go for something like part 8628K55 which is 1/32" walled nylon.

There is a post here about Corbin using a 3/4" blade to give you an idea:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...sp?TOPIC_ID=84

There are many options for film though. Check out the FAQ and maybe grab a few more from McMasters. I have an order waiting for the money that includes UMHW PolyE film, etc... all for experimenting.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font color="blue"><font size="3">Hey, R-W, [] are you still using the thinner walled polycarb blades I sent you a couple years ago? Or did you get some 1/8" walled? I can't remember.

If you're using the thinner polycarb, then you need to try the Part #8628K57, which has the 5/8" OD.

I already tried to talk him into trying some of Corbin's film, but he's resisting.</font id="size3"> </font id="blue"> []

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

No I'm using the thicker walled polycarbonate now, but I'm thinking about going with a mylar style diffuser, and mayber corbin's film.[8D]

<font color="gold"><font size="4">Jedi Master</font id="gold"></font id="size4">
    <font color="blue"><font size="5">Rod-Wan Déattrod</font id="blue"></font id="size5">
    <font color="brown"><font size="5">Jedi Of The Old Republic</font id="brown"></font id="size5">

<font size="3">"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perserverance, all things are possible."</font id="size3">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Rod-Wan

Actually the optic lense and mirror were the first thing that I thought of, while they did make the blade brighter it's not quite at the level it need's to be. I'll check on the film but last time I worked with a film "lightech" I wasn't impressed, I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i have bought el setup from lighttech long before i found this site, and the diffuser was a tube just like in tims, he didnt have a film then.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...