Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sanded blades and duel durability

Yeah. It can take a while - especially if your air compressor can't maintain the high psi for very long. Then you have to do it in short bursts followed by waiting.

I don't know about a 1" thinwall, but in the blades I've done it hasn't done it evenly; that is, the end closest to the gun gets finished faster. It eventually reaches a point where it doesn't get any more frosted. You just keep going until the whole blade is even.

It also helps if you switch the blade around and go from the other end part of the time.

Have fun!

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

There's a lot of interesting information here about *how* to sand, but I'm still hoping someone might show the results--specifically how sanded blades handle wear from combat and dueling. Pictures would be great.

Well, off the top of my head, I know that Vargose has sanded the outside of his blade. You could talk to him about it.

Well, I sandblasted the inside of my thinwalled blade, and it's much better than it was before. I originally tried to sand the inside with some emery cloth stapled to a wooden dowel. It sanded, but nowhere near evenly.

I'm also gonna experiment to see how the colored blades look when they're exterior sanded.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I sanded the inside of a blade using the same method Eco pointed out... sand paper around a long, wooden dowel and turned slowly with a drill. Worked great for eliminating that light in a tube effect. The LED lit out to the edge of the tube making it look full.

I have tried 600 and 400 grit on my blades recently and to me ... both made a significant difference, however I prefer the 600 grit. It appears to bring the light all the way out to the edge. The 400 didn't seem to be as bright. And I haven't noticed anymore scratches or nicks than usual when dueling.
    “He's a friend from work.”

Does anyone have any pics of Sanded Vs. Non-Sanded? I'd love to see for comparison.

yep id do but it would take until sunday morning to get the pics though