Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxeon V

These things are awesome, I just got my lee filter book today, its totally worth starting a new thread with color ideas... anyone up for that?

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

You got it? Sweet! Glad you like it so much. I knew you would. I think it would be worth starting a new thread. I don't know what forum to put it in though.

phat lewt=kash munni

Try LED blade discussion since it is, well, for the coloring of LED blades. I'd start the thread but I don't have a white led to play with.... yet [] so why don't you start it steve and post some of your more interesting combinations and colors.

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

Hi everyone. I don't know if anyone has tried wiring up a Luxeon 5 to an MR sound module yet, but I couldn't find a thread where someone did so I'm posting this here.

I just wired my Blue (like royal blue) Luxeon 5 to the MR Luke sound module that Tim has for sale. It took me forever to decide what to do as far as battery power. But just to see what would happen I decided to just go with an AAA 4 pack. I figured I would rather loose a little brightness than completely fry my MR sound board. So because I'm running the Luxeon a little lower than recommended (only 6 volts) it did loose a little brightness ... but it's not too bad and it's still brighter than my 3 Watts. I'm most curious to see how long the 4 AAA batteries will last. I'll let you know as soon as they start to run out. Below are some pics so you guys can see how the brightness is holding up.

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc014309ut.jpg
    http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc014325es.jpg
    http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc014347xo.jpg
    http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc014350ml.jpg
    http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc014366gv.jpg

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The best idea I've thought of yet for full brightness and sound would be two micropucks or one buckpuck (boost) because you can run an LED below the forward voltage and still get the max brightness.[] You could use the 6V and eveything would still be fine.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I have given this some thought on how to run a MR with a 5 watt and here are my thoughts. With Tims new 6 AA battery holder you could tap one side of the pack to run the MR sound board and install a relay on the output of the sound board then apply the full voltage of the battery packthrough the relay with a resister to set the current or use a 700ma Buck Puck driver to drive the led. Xwing if you want to do a diagram feel free it is similar to my setup for the El sound. Or when I have time I will do a diagram, but you are faster at it than me.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Hi xwingband! Do you have a recommend place to buy one of those? Or should I just do a general search?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

I have given this some thought on how to run a MR with a 5 watt and here are my thoughts. With Tims new 6 AA battery holder you could tap one side of the pack to run the MR sound board and install a relay on the output of the sound board then apply the full voltage of the battery packthrough the relay with a resister to set the current or use a 700ma Buck Puck driver to drive the led. Xwing if you want to do a diagram feel free it is similar to my setup for the El sound. Or when I have time I will do a diagram, but you are faster at it than me.[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Xwing has a day job... thus probably not tonight. We'll see though.

</center>

My problem also Xwing and then I try to do some saber work at night, then make some time for the wife, not a whole lot of spare time on my end.[xx(]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedibum

Hi xwingband! Do you have a recommend place to buy one of those? Or should I just do a general search?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've always gone to www.luxeonstar.com I'm sure they can be found elsewhere though. They have wiring diagrams too in the "applications" pdf. It's pretty simple as it's parallel drivers "boosting" each other.

The micropucks will run about $20 for two and the buckpuck (boost version) is $30. $20 isn't a bad deal to avoid hacking into stuff or heatsinking a voltage regulator.

</center>