Thread: For the Indecisive Jedi?

Banned

Default For the Indecisive Jedi?

Would something like this work for a saber? Its 2 inches by 4...so it would be a larger than average saber, but I think I'd be interesting to see. Thoughts?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/831e/

Well, if you like plugging your lightsaber into a wall socket, I say go for it.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned

Well, obviously, you'd have to adapt the technology somehow. There are some very creative people on this forum, I'm sure someone could do it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think someone proposed using this a couple years ago it got shot down as an unfeasible idea.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

If i recall correctly, the lightwhip idea got shot down before as well, and that turned
    out pretty well, if you ask me

But i think it would be easier to go for the RGB Tri-Rebel with a rotary switch or something...
    We know it works, and would be much less of a hassle...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Mihunai is correct. There are better ways to achieve a color changing saber. And many of our member have done it. So while the idea is novel, it is certainly not new.

But keep looking around, I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas that never get followed up. And if you look Really hard... you might find more ninty-one bravos

I would think that the LEDs in that bulb are farther apart and spread light more than what would be desired for lightsaber use. I would forgo the hassle and use a proven method.
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Aside from which you'd need the equivilent of a 64 Turstfire custom battery pack to have any run time....... LDM maybe you could figure that one out.

In the time between now and then a RGB with BCD will do just fine for a multi color set up.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"