Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Helpful advice to the self-proclaimed "n00bs"

Blog Entries

IMO people here don't suffer fools, and there isn't anything wrong with that. I don't think Jedi or Sith would.

I personally am one of those instant gratification people, but I've admitted my problem which is the first step to solving it. and honestly doing all this research after work/school is a labor of love. I'm glad to have kept my questions to myself and have already seen the results, like today I found an issue with my first design and fixed it. Anyways I'm hopping that this hobby/way of life will teach me patience, and I know it will teach me some useful skills.

Then there's the expensive tools. I think it's great now that I have them and can tackle things around the house if I need to, and when I finish my first MHS lightsaber I'll have a powerful flashlight too.

People here have been nice and friendly to me.

Thanks for all the information on here, I hope to use it and make you guys proud
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined.
    The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
    We are one.

I joined a few weeks ago but haven't posted until now because I wanted to make sure I read through the large body of information before asking questions. Wish me luck ... although in my experience there's no such thing as luck.

Hi all!

As my first post, just wanted to say hi... yes another new noob in the area of saber crafting
    I already enjoyed a lot reading this forum... altho I wonder if a few month will be enough to get started on my own hehe
    I'm kinda DIY guy, so now that i finished my appartment, I need something to put in my hand aside of games (I'm on SWTOR atm btw)...
    I saw really beautiful sabers in the galery section. Now i'll spend some time designing my future staff and see what custom part I can request from Tim.

I bought recently a Hasbro Darth Maul staff (the one with removable blade, so unfortunately I suppose I'll never be able to convert it... silly me should have read more before buying)... still a great peace of decoration. And that's what got me to a saber crafter wannabe

Presentation done!
    So great forum, thanks a lot to the people managing it
    Back to reading, questions might come later.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Darth Ryo; 04-17-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Clicky Sig =>

There is a kit for the Darth Maul with removable blade. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ha...-kit-P678.aspx

I haven't seen any threads detailing how to do the conversion for this saber, so I'd check with the store for instructions.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh wow, I totally missed it... next time I should reach the bottom of each page of the store!

Thanks a lot Silver Serpent, I'll check for instruction.
    Maybe I'll start converting this staff before building a full custom one, for practice
    Clicky Sig =>

Hello! I am new to the forums but have been reading them for awhile now. This forum has been very helpful for getting me started on my first saber build. This is probably a silly question but how do you post a new thread? I cannot find a link.
    Last edited by Skywalker; 11-03-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Hello! I am new to the forums but have been reading them for awhile now. This forum has been very helpful for getting me started on my first saber build. This is probably a silly question but how do you post a new thread? I cannot find a link.
    Welcome to the party. Select the thread category you wish to post in and you'll find a tab, top left saying 'post new thread'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Welcome to the party. Select the thread category you wish to post in and you'll find a tab, top left saying 'post new thread'.
    Thank you so much!