This is a PM that I sent to a self-proclaimed "noob" that got flamed - didn't learn - asked again - got flamed again...

He hasn't asked any silly questions in a while... and seems to have slipped out of n00bery...

------------------

I noticed that you've been asking a lot of questions. And there's nothing wrong with having questions, needing answers to those questions, and seeking them out.

I'm a teacher - so I really, REALLY understand what it's like when you want to know something... but seemingly have no way to find the answers that you want.

And if I may, I have a few suggestions for you. These are a few techniques to help seek out those answers that you want, but also finding them on your own. Is that cool? I don't mean any offense, but this might prevent further flamings from some of the other members...

- Have a clear idea of what you want to know - and phrase it as consisely as you can. There's common terminology that most everyone knows, but getting more familiar with the terms will help you relay your questions better.

- Look in the proper forum category. The more familiar you are with what's in those categories, the better and more precisely you can search through threads that may contain your answer.

- Take time to read. Along the same lines as the above bullet, just read without any agenda, just to see what's out there. If you're looking for something specific, and can't find it, you'll get frustrated, impatient and eventually just post a question that may anger someone who's answered it dozens of times.

If you use your reading time to simply explore the forum, you'll find answers to questions that you don't have yet... you'll find references to parts that you don't need yet... you might even find a cool tutorial for something you're not ready to do - yet.

My point is - as a reference, these forums are a wonderful source of knowledge.... but as a teacher or instructor, not quite so accomodating. If you don't expect people to do the work for you, you'll find that they're more pleasant to deal with... and, more importantly, you won't need them as a crutch to answer your questions anymore. Do you see what I mean?

I hope this offers a different perspective for you. Maybe it's all that you need to start "Doing-it-yourself"! Regardless, happy researching and good luck with your projects!

eastern57

-------------------------------