View Poll Results: What "types" of sabers do you build, and what types of blades do you use?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I build mostly Jedi type sabers and use mostly Thin Walled Blades

11 26.83%
  • I build mostly Sith type sabers and use mostly Thin Walled Blades

3 7.32%
  • I build mostly Jedi type sabers and use mostly Thick Walled Blades

15 36.59%
  • I build mostly Sith type sabers and use mostly Thick Walled Blades

5 12.20%
  • I build both types fairly equally, and use no blade more than another

7 17.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thick and Thin - Sith and Jedi

Hmm... a little weird on the poll, since:

* I build both "Jedi" and "Sith" sabers... although I never really think of it that way anyhow, since the color doesn't always determine the wielder...

* Although I USED to use solely thick-walled blades (BOP I & BOP II)... I switched to thin back in late 2007 (mainly for what was going to be BOP III), and never looked back.

So... I guess I'll have to go with no vote here... but--yup, I told y'all what I do. Thin-walled these days. Although I have two or three nice thick-walled blades if I ever wanna plug 'em back into the Flange III (and IV!) sabers someday.

Finally... if it's a question again that n00bz might ask about... both types are extremely resilient to damage, and even though I'd not recommend pitting a thin-walled VS. a thick-walled for dueling an opponent (as in you have X, he has Y)... it's not all that bad unless one of you is going completely out-of-control + insanity + hogwild + roid rage...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

weird...I was under the impression more people were doing thin walled and so people claim but the poll is leaning the other way. I might be wrong.

I do more jedi then sith sabers.

I haven't tried thin walled but since I wanna duel and sand my blades thick walled seemed like the best option. I heard thin walled are a bit bendy as well.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 02-11-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Youngling

Well considering I only own 1 blade currently, its thick walled. On the list to get a thin walled blade.

Beyond my 1st saber I have 2 others I'm working on - 1 sith sinktube and a jedi project.

Tend towards Jedi but Sith has some unique design queues that I like to play with.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

So far i have finished 2 sabers and have 2 near completion full count 2 will be sith or sithish and to jedi as far as blades so far I have only one blade. a thick wall but might be getting a thin.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

For customer sabers, I always go with the 1" blades. It's not worth it to me to try and convince them of anything else. For personal stuff, I prefer 3/4" blades because I think they look more accurate in terms of size. A little harder to get lit evenly, but if done right, they are every bit as bright as their 1" counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    For customer sabers, I always go with the 1" blades. It's not worth it to me to try and convince them of anything else. For personal stuff, I prefer 3/4" blades because I think they look more accurate in terms of size. A little harder to get lit evenly, but if done right, they are every bit as bright as their 1" counterparts.
    Quoted for truth!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think a lot of people, (like myself) starting off think to themselves...
    "A thinwalled blade? I want this saber to be tough, I'm getting thick..."

And then they find Thinwalls are pretty dang strong, and they are noticably brighter...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...