Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Sink Tube Sleeve

Default MHS Sink Tube Sleeve

Here's my latest creation using the MHS. This sleeve was made similar to Qui Gon's style of hilt. I will add some type grip material to the largest cut out and paint the MHS ribbed extension. Electronics are nnext then disassembly for paint. I'm thinking green LED and Green Multi-Tone paint for the rest.

cool did you have to do anything special to the mhs saber

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

Dang fine hilt Tet.

<center></center>

I have to agree looks Awesome now I have decided the next one will have to be a MHS.[8D]

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

Cool looking saber sith brother, you will have to post more pics when the paint is complete as I am sure it will be very cool indeed.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

informlmyx...nope the sink tubes just slide over...at least that is what i have read.

Yep, that is correct. I have tried several sink tubes and they work just fine. They come in several nifty colors. Chrome over thick brass, chrome over thin brass, white, black, brass and copper. That gives you are lot to choose from. You can also buy aluminum tubing for this as well. I actually prefer this to sink tubes because they are thicker and the edges are not as sharp after doing cut outs. Beware of buying some tubes. They are same size as the MHS tubes. Bring your main hilt section [the one with the hole for the switch]with you to check.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Nothing Special done to the hilt itself. Just cover the sink tube in tape; draw your cut out design and cut it out.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">I want to do a brass sleeve for mine.I already have the design worked out, should be fairly simple to do, since I already have some experience in cutting on sink tubes. []

Plus I won't have to worry about scratching the chrome finish, if it doesn't have any in the first place.[]

I actually plan on making a few different sleeves that I can easily slide on and off with out having to move the switch out of the way.

Different looks for different LEDs, emitters and pommels. [8D]</font id="blue"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

What does it say about us when we start to accessorize our Lightsabers?
    I'm not sure I wanna know...........[][:I][]

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.