Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thick vs Thin

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Please choose that which fits nicely into your version of the truth.
    Hah, I think that sums the whole argument up nicely.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Ah, Eco... what you say and what ARKM said... this is more right than all of you know.

Because... "from a certain point of view"... I believe thin-walled blades *CAN* be made to be brighter than an "identically made" thick-wall blade. However... the opposite can be made true if the blades are not designed the same.

This applies to sound as well. Which I've mentioned in many threads--"so-so" speaker + EXCELLENT resonance = WOW!! ... ... but "good" or "great" speaker + garbage resonance = average sound.

Finally... as the final punctuation is put on irony:

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Note: Nova uses mostly thinwall...
    This is... true and at the same time FALSE... depending on your POV, as we have:

* From 2005-early 2007... I used nothing BUT thick-walled blades!

* BOP I used entirely thick-walled blades, all with Corbin film, with maybe one or two exceptions (I think the Skyblade sabers were TCSS "milky white" diffuser core)

* BOP II... ... used ENTIRELY thick-walled blades... with the possible exception of a later performance where I installed a thin-walled blade in Dani Cox's saber (Alexandra Novastar)... as a test. This performance was not seen on public video.

In fact... there are many live performances of BOP I and II that I have not shown via public video!

* I started thinking about thin-walled blades for BOP III as BOP II came to its completion. I tested them... and never looked back.

So... what Fender said *IS* true...

FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW!
    A certain point of view?
    But you told me Vader killed my father!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin