Thread: heatsink question

Default heatsink question

Hi everyone.

So far I've been reading and learning, I think every MHS hilt mainbody has some sort of sleeve or something where sits the heatsink until gets secured by screwing the bladeholder to the hilt. Am I right on this?

Now my question is, if I use a MHS choke, then, the heatsink now goes in the choke or remains in the main body? if it remais in the mainbody, am I not to lose some light intensity in the blade?

And also, if I am going to use a sink tube, then I guess I'm gonna have to figure out my own way to hold the heatsink, right? probably I can use some screws or something.

Sorry if this is an annoying question, or if it has been asked before too much times. I'm about to order all the stuff I think I need and just wanna make sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obi-one View Post
    Hi everyone.

So far I've been reading and learning, I think every MHS hilt mainbody has some sort of sleeve or something where sits the heatsink until gets secured by screwing the bladeholder to the hilt. Am I right on this?

Now my question is, if I use a MHS choke, then, the heatsink now goes in the choke or remains in the main body? if it remais in the mainbody, am I not to lose some light intensity in the blade?

And also, if I am going to use a sink tube, then I guess I'm gonna have to figure out my own way to hold the heatsink, right? probably I can use some screws or something.

Sorry if this is an annoying question, or if it has been asked before too much times. I'm about to order all the stuff I think I need and just wanna make sure.

Thanks
    All MHS parts were designed with a little "shelf" that the heatsink sits on, so you can screw the blade holder in and "pinch" it between the piece and the blade holder. It doesn't matter - main body, chokes, extensions...all have the little shelf.

Your heatsink always goes on the bottom of the blade holder. Always. No exceptions.

If you want to use a sinktube, you'll need a MHS-to-sinktube adapter so you can use the MHS blade holder. Guess what? That adapter has a shelf too, so you can use heatsink like you would with any other part combo.

thanks man, you really did solve my doubts.
    Regards

Thanks for the great answer and a great thread, OP.

All of the little questions are starting to click together, even some of the ones I haven't considered, yet!

I just wanna say something here. If you don't read the basic stuff you're supposed to like the MHS tutorial, then we'll know it because you asked this kind of question. I mean, if you're too proud to read through the basics, then at least read one of Jay-Gon's build threads, that should make some sense out of everything.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Whoa there killer! The original topic was last year, put away the flame thrower, save it for the really good ones as I don't even think the OP has been here since then.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Sith Lord

This is an example of bad thread revival...
    Locked.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!