Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MHS builder- basic electronics kit?

So follow the tutorial here with the quick change wiring diagram? I definately want to be able to swap out my LED's for different coloured ones- red for sith, and any other colour I feel like for Jedi.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, the tutorial is correct. Basically it just goes in place of hard wiring it.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="red">Yup, yup. []</font id="red">

<font color="green">Being able to change LEDs is cool. I have 4 different colors of LEDs now, royal blue, green, amber and I just got a red one. Gonna take it to work today to wire up, that way I can be lazy and use my soldering iron at work (as opposed to having to get out the one I have at home) and also use my microscope to check my work.</font id="green"></font id="size3"> []

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Will there be a sound package as well?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by taekwonno

Will there be a sound package as well?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Unless Tim speaks with Ultra about getting stock of some MR boards probably not. The Hasbros were cheap but the supply of them dried up and MR is the only other decent option with Ultra being the only steady supplier.

</center>

You can ship your MHS hilt to Ultra and he will convert it to sound for $60. This is not bad considering how long I have been trying to do this. I spent a S**T load of money and a whole lotta time working with J-Lo on this. All we got was an ugly saber that didn't work and a whole lotta trashed sound cards, speakers and other crap. Of course this was before this board came to be. Ultra is using MR boards and Radio shack speakers for his conversion. I am sending my hilt off today to have him do it. If I tried to do it myself, I would end up soldering my fingers to the board or having sound coming out the emitter and light coming out the pommel or some other stupid thing. Thank the Maker that guys like Tim and Alex are around for us.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zhi-don

...having sound coming out the emitter... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've been thinking of a way to do that.

I think it would make more sence for the sound to come out of that side of the saber, since that's the way the "Real" ones would be.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

One of the designs that I am about half done with will have the sound up near the emitter area and still be able to have a nice high grip.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zhi-don

You can ship your MHS hilt to Ultra and he will convert it to sound for $60. This is not bad considering how long I have been trying to do this. I spent a S**T load of money and a whole lotta time working with J-Lo on this. All we got was an ugly saber that didn't work and a whole lotta trashed sound cards, speakers and other crap. Of course this was before this board came to be. Ultra is using MR boards and Radio shack speakers for his conversion. I am sending my hilt off today to have him do it. If I tried to do it myself, I would end up soldering my fingers to the board or having sound coming out the emitter and light coming out the pommel or some other stupid thing. Thank the Maker that guys like Tim and Alex are around for us.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't doubt that. Corbin said he burnt out a lot of boards until he found out the clash sensor had power going through it and needed two clash sensors, but you could follow the tutorials for LED.

</center>

Has anyone seen Ultra's work on the sound installation? Does he put a new endcap on the hilt, or just drill holes in what you have? I'd have numerous MR FX sabers, and would love to add Anakin's ROTS FX sound to my custom.. problem is that I'm using a 5w Lux and there isn't a Corbin driver for that yet. [V]