Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: considered using other bar stock?

Or ask questions that have been proposed ad nauseum and answered in kind...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep, like Ryhen I spent three months before even joining.

I read about an hour a day, that doesn't even count googling...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He didn't want to do any reading, originally. He just wanted "a damn saber". Wanting to see if the Store could do everything for him.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

J-Lo, pleas refrain from using- wait, you're a council member aren't you? . Jk. Lol
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The word "damn" is allowable. Though shouldn't be over-used, IMO.

He's the one that used it, somewhere in one of his posts last week I think it was.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'd use the search feature but either the forum has bugs or it's my browser. I can't use the search. Also, sometimes I have to hit "back" and then "forward" on my browser to post something after typing because the post button won't work.

I go to a lot of forums and this is the only one it happens on.

As for me being a noob and as a noob, I should only want noob pieces. I know what would look good and I know what I'd want...

Oooh, electroplating!

new thread!

search with IE for me, not with firefox. Weird.

anyway, this is why I don't like searching.

needle in a haystack anyone?
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 11-04-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Most of the time the answer you are looking for will be in about 50 different threads, and this is not much of an exaggeration...if you find a thread you are not willing to go through (like the one you seem to have drummed up as an exaggerated example) you are likely to find multiple others that will have the information you seek.

Do your homework,
    Make a reasonable effort on your own,
    Respect the people you are asking help from and the forum you are on,
    and be willing to hear things you don't like....

Otherwise, you will get nowhere here and will most likely move on in short order. These guys migrate right?

*hopes*
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 11-04-2009 at 03:54 PM.

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

exaggerated example, hmm?

go to search, type in "electroplating"

click go

Okay, so it's the "share your pics here" thread but it makes reference to something I'm interested in. I'm not gonna sift through all that to determine how that one user got his saber all nice and pretty.

You know what? I quit. I really do. I don't need this. I just want something cool like I initially said. I don't need tutorials, I don't need to know about this part goes here or connect this wire to that. I'm just gonna order my parts one at a time and be on my merry way.

Gosh and I thought Trekkies were narrow-minded. Sheesh!

I said most of the time, in this case i came up with 7 threads when searching as you suggested. I was referring more to your comment about using other metals and the other threads you have started, not just electroplating. People here are anything but small minded and are more than willing to help someone that wants to be helped. It just seems as if frequently you resist all efforts at constructive feedback. That does not make people want to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    It just seems as if frequently you resist all efforts at constructive feedback. That does not make people want to help you.

*ahem*

Seems to me he is nothing but a troll.

Every post I read makes me more aggravated. This forum and the people in it are nothing but helpful. The caveat is that you, as a newbie, have to WANT to be helped. You should WANT to learn about making custom lightsabers, if that is really what you want to do. These people are here to offer guidance and share their work with others, not do it for you. If you want something already made for you all nice and pretty, you might as well hit ebay and buy someone else's handiwork.

In other words, if you don't WANT to learn, this is probably not the place for you.
    Last edited by ComdtJustin; 11-04-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Submitted instead of previewed... Wasn't happy with it yet.