Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: no offense but, that's it?

Default no offense but, that's it?

only maybe a half dozen color choices? And they're not very good ones, either of you don't mind me saying so. Come on, a matte, dull gold? What's wrong with a bright, shiny gold or even copper or bronze or brass for that matter?

And does anyone really have green or blue or pink sabers?

Sure, I could just order the parts and get it done at a nearby shop but why not one-stop shopping?

Variety!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

If you want new colors, suggest them to Tim, via email. And I mean specifically, with a LINK on where to buy it. Don't just complain and do nothing. If you don't like it, work to change it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Last time I checked 13 was more than half a dozen..

And yes people have ordered pink, green, and blue parts to be powder coated.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Last time I checked 13 was more than half a dozen..

And yes people have ordered pink, green, and blue parts to be powder coated.
    an underestimate on my part. Surely you see my point?

as for suggesting some more and where to get them:

http://168.143.10.6/DUPONTCCDOTNET/d...newdupont.aspx
    http://www.caswellplating.com/powder/powder_colors.html
    http://www.caswellplating.com/powder...r_colors2.html

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am sure Tim knows where to get the powder coat at. You need to link to the specific colors that you are interested in.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

bright brass, copper or bronze.

or I could just go to a guy nearby. Either way, it's all good. I just think it should be available to everyone at all times.

Or better yet, meh, I'll jest start another thread.

I think you need to respect what Tim has done here. He has provided a service far beyond what most of us are capable of, and on top of that has provided a "one stop shop" service for us and not just with Powder Coating. Otherwise we may very well be buying parts at 5 different places, having work done at another, have someone else PC the parts. etc. etc. etc.

The man deserves a little respect and from what I have seen, when people give him specific ideas to consider such as was already stated...he takes those into account, take this thread for example...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The problem with the Golds and coppers and such (I have extensive experience with them) is that you have to mirror polish the parts first to get a good finish from the PC. This would be yet another cost add on to the PC as properly polishing a part is time intensive. They are also the most difficult colors to powder coat as they are moisture sensitive and temperature finicky. If you don't cook it right the colors can "pull" away from sharp edges, which is sometimes unavoidable anyway. Even some smiths have stopped offering PC'ing services cause it's a pain in the ass for very little return.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by a fearsome grue View Post
    Or better yet, meh, I'll jest start another thread.
    another thread for what? you have this one which was your complaint about colors. "so you are saying this is it?" now add the "maybe we should get <instert color here> as a powder coating. as all noobs do, alot of threads are created for questions that have been answered already. i myself and no exception to this. but you are wanting to start another thread for the same topic?!?! really? that doesn't make sense.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by a fearsome grue View Post
    Tim has requested that suggestions be sent to him via email. I even posted that for you, so you clearly don't care or didn't read my post.

Shadar and Fender, I agree with both of you.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!