Thread: resistorless LED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nova thats where the graph's on led's manufacturers data sheets come in If you look at them you will usually see a fwd current vs voltage graph and with those it on an upwards slope, ie more current needs a slightly higher forward voltage too which is what you are observing in your real world tests.

Thats why its important to get an understanding of data sheets when you do any electronics work. All the general specs you see with be at some arbitrary point on the graph, usually the point that makes the product sound the best. With leds its usually at the nominal rated values, the average if you will which for most users is fine.
    Sabre builders though aren't your average user
    Phil Higgins

Right, Phyl! This I know... I'm just hoping everyone ELSE gets that when they read these threads...

X-Wing made a nice video showing the basics of this concept with a Lux III red and a dedicated power supply... so... again, I'm just making sure that folks that read this (if ever???) will get the right 411 in posterity...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide