Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My New Weapon: Blaster Carbine Rifle

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Looks great J-Lo, you have done a great job with that, I like it alot

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Slick work J-Lo, slick work indeed. You are a prop master or is that mistress???

How much to make me one?
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Wow nice work! I've been watchng the other thread and now I have to make one. I picked up a Longshot but and going to convert it to a carbine. I'm thinking black and red to go with a mando costume (if I can ever get one together). Thinking about a lux and some kind of sound. I have no experience with Lux 1s though. I searched and found 3 or 4 different red ones. What kind did you use? I don't want to go overkill and blind someone..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks.

But if your request is serious, you shouldn't be asking that in the open forum

When I make something custom for myself, whether props or leather work or whatever, I will not replicate it exactly for anyone else, it needs to be unique for me. Though I can't stop someone from trying to copy me.

Besides, I don't even remember where I bought that cheap airsoft gun I got the stock from.
    TCSS MODERATOR

I'm not trying to replicate your blaster. I just wanted advice on what type of led to choose. Trust me I have plenty of ideas of my own. And I'm starting with a completely different gun you did. I just called it a carbine because thats what it is, not really alluding to your specific design. Well I guess mine technically won't be a carbine anymore since I'm going with a round clip now.. it's going to be more of an auto rifle.. Sorry if I made the impression that I'm trying to copy you.

This is what I'm starting with
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...0a_main400.jpg
    and I'm adding this
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...hBKygyTkUm.jpg
    Last edited by Vos Malek; 11-02-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added pics

X-cellent work!

After seeing that, I think my Ronin Jedi character is gonna get himself a sidearm!
    'cause sometimes you don't wanna wait until your enemy is close enough to take him out!
    Darth Flatulous

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vos Malek View Post
    I'm not trying to replicate your blaster. I just wanted advice on what type of led to choose. Trust me I have plenty of ideas of my own. And I'm starting with a completely different gun you did. I just called it a carbine because thats what it is, not really alluding to your specific design. Well I guess mine technically won't be a carbine anymore since I'm going with a round clip now.. it's going to be more of an auto rifle.. Sorry if I made the impression that I'm trying to copy you.

This is what I'm starting with
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...0a_main400.jpg
    and I'm adding this
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...hBKygyTkUm.jpg
    If people want to try and copy me, I guess I should be flattered.

If you want to put an LED in it, where would you put it? It looks like you still want to retain the Nerf dart firing capability, if you're getting the drum magazine.

I went with a Luxeon 1 (not sold in the Store) because it's easy to run off 3V and it's plenty bright used in a blaster.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Thanks.

But if your request is serious, you shouldn't be asking that in the open forum

When I make something custom for myself, whether props or leather work or whatever, I will not replicate it exactly for anyone else, it needs to be unique for me. Though I can't stop someone from trying to copy me.

Besides, I don't even remember where I bought that cheap airsoft gun I got the stock from.
    I was kidding J-Lo, I know better by now.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I'm doing a complete conversion, the drum is just for looks really. I think it makes it look more aggresive.