Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dark side user/sith outfit

Default Dark side user/sith outfit

Ok here is my costume i have been working on for a while did two different ones one is armored the other not. Both use the same garments the second is a simple mask idea I had.

Here is the armor. The saber is on but can't compete with the flash.

Here is the other version. The mask i know all will recognize but i like vader and wanted to homage him in some way and this is the easiest thing I came up with that looked good.

Sorry for striking any dramatic poses but took these before heading out last night for a party. As far as a name for it I like the sound of Cavus. Other than that pretty much a blank, let me know what you think.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

I like the concept, but I think the armor needs to be weathered a little bit. You know, make it look like it's been to Mustafar and back.

what did you use for the mask in the first one??

pretty cool, the first mask looks like something from the Beastmaster movie with Mark Singer (sp?). The bottom half of the Vader mask make you look like you are a sith from Moral Combat.

I believe that mask is an Army of Two paintball mask, there's quite a few on Ebay. There's a cheaper version for about $40 and a more expensive version for about $99. The only thing I personally dislike about them is a lack of a back side, so unless you're planning on wearing it with a hood up all the time you need to fashion some sort of back piece.

Personally, I prefer the unarmored version. It works very well, only thing I could suggest for it is a black belt rather than a brown one.

For the armor, making the pauldrons on the armor a bit bigger, perhaps adding a small piece or two to hang down over the upper arm would help. I think it looks a little off for the shoulder of your robe to extend past the pauldron, but that's just me. Blending the helmet seam would help as well.

Overall I like it a lot, keep it up!

You're right about the army of two mask mine is the nicer version(fiber glass) but i only paid 75 for it. As for the seem on the helmet that is actually a piece of leather overlaid on the actual seem which is way worse looking. The belt is one I redyed bought it on clearance at target and that is as dark as i can get it for now. will look into turning it black though.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm not digging the red armor as is, it makes me think of Iron Man. I agree it needs some heavy weathering.

If you want to turn your belt black, since it's already been dyed, try some liquid shoe polish. Kiwi Scuff Cover or Leather Dye can work well over other dye.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Nice costumes, I need to get to work on mine.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

they both look great.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

awsome sith look man whered you get the golves? im working on a anakin/darth maul look and they or something like them would go well with it