Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jag's Old Republic Style sith Costume

Default Jag's Old Republic Style sith Costume

Here are some pictures of the costume I wore for Halloween this year.
    The costume is basically an under armor style body suit (Pants + long sleeve shirt) then a kenjutsu uniform over that. then a very nice robe I ordered online.

The belt is two cheep belts I found at Wal-mart that I then attached together with some cord and Velcro. I then put on some spray painted "Food Capsules" (Pen Lids) a Camera pouch to hold my speeder keys. Then for good measure I added two pieces of rubber from an old air soft mask that I thought looked cool.

The gloves I made using some cheap Wal-mart issue gloves then using hot glue to attach some craft foam onto them. The designs are just done by dragging a tool over the foam (I mostly used a pair of my girlfriends tweezers).

The Bracers were made using the same craft foam and a couple of nylon straps and buckle clips to keep them on.

And of course the saber is made using MHS pieces a US 2.1 board and a Lux 3 red orange Led. There is a thread about it on here somewhere.

All in all I think it turned out pretty good for how little i put into in terms of dollars.

Next year my costume will be much better.

I plan to make a better belt from scratch, and make some more armored sections to go with the gloves and the bracers.
    Last edited by Jagahati; 11-01-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: I can't type.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Considering the cheap materials you used on some of the parts, I think you did a great job on your costume. I like what you did with the belt, gloves and bracers. It shows what you can do with a little time and imagination.

A US 2.2 you say? Hmm, were did get that? Considering that they went from 2.1 to 2.5.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

lol my bad typo I meant to write 2.1. Didn't catch that one.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Looking evil there, bro.
    Way to make an economic costume.

Truly an excellent costume sir!

If you're looking for some armor pieces, I'd try and get ahold of a local SCA member. That's what I'm doing for pauldrons, gorget, and gauntlets for the costume I'm working on. A friend of mine and I are going to make them out of 16 gauge steel for pretty cheap (I think he said $30 for a sheet of steel, should only take one). Since the armor doesn't have to be functional or conform to any standards (outside of Star Wars that is) it should be pretty easy to make.

You look very... sinister.

I am the Sasuke.

Banned Sith Lord

i love the under robe effect, i love it very much. like totally.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nicely done. I like it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

What RS said.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Neat. Looks really nice. I want to make costumes too.^^
    Saddy