Thread: okay, let's start over...

Default okay, let's start over...

I am your padawan. It does seem to be a very interesting thing to get into.

Please guide me.

So you know, my hands-on expertise with:

screwing in a lightbulb- 10
    drilling metal- 0
    soldering- 0
    polishing metal- 5
    EL, LED- 0
    lathe work- 0
    desire for a lightsaber- 10

Then you FAIL. Your desire shoud be 1000000

Ha ha.

Before I started my skills were zero, now there at beginner level. But I've still put together a half decent saber, done a maul conversion which is uber cool and in the process of finishing another.

Time and work will get you a few new skill sets and a saber that you'll love.

Now get a plan, get some parts together and let us see some pics.

Good luck
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

For us to help you, you need to make a design. Look at the MHS builder on the storefront. Do you want sound? If so, MR, US, CF, or Hasbro (there is an in depth thread on all of this in the Thread Index)? What kind of LED do you want (again, check the Index)?

Pick this stuff out, and then we can help you wire it and install everything.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

He has no patience I cannot teach him. (ghostly voice)He will learn patience.

You must complete your training youngling. Study, practice, there is no substitute. When you fail ask a specific question & you shall be enlightened.

You will train under a powerful Jedi Master by the name of Search Function. He will guide and instruct you.

Oh, and welcome to the fun.

there was an extremely cool sigline by someone whose name eludes me right now but it has everything a newb could possibly use.

It'll be a good jumping off point.

thanks!

props given once I learn the name.

Lord Dottore Matto

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yes, to the DOC you listen! In his sig you will find the path to many a secret. Use them well!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

And there are the three links in my signature (the ones at the bottom) that should tell you what you need. Insofar as soldering goes, it's not as hard as it sounds at all. Trust me - I came into this hobby and the only electronics experience I had was putting together a computer. Google is your best friend in this hobby.