Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I just want a saber...

The point is is that nobody but nobody gets treated different. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a child, and to this day it's very easy for me to get distracted when I'm doing something. But at the same time, I was able to overcome that and spend a very successful and enjoyable four years as an intelligence in the military intelligence field. But that's just me.

This is a do-it-yourself hobby. You can put together a how-to list for yourself, but we won't spoon-feed it for you. Spooning information for you won't encourage innovation and experimentation, and that's one of the biggest goals of this community is to innovate. Take, for example, this saber by Madhatter. Granted, he's one of the more advanced sabersmiths around, but I would never have thought one could cram all the stuff he did into a lightsaber, much less doing so with a custom logic circuit to help run it all. But the point is, that is the standard that we try to aspire to around here; maybe not in building that complicated a saber, but in trying to figure out the "next cool thing" to do.

Nobody's ragging on you when we encourage you to do your own research. It's just that most of us around here weren't spoon-fed information, and now we have all the great things we do today because of it. Heck, ask someone like Jedi-Loreen who in the community spoon-fed her information when she started, and I would imagine her response could be something along the lines of "I was the community!"

So, yeah. Just my two bits.

Banned Sith Lord

what he said. and seriously my ADD its worse than you think.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I believe you DJ. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

[QUOTE=DJMoonbass;151460]okay so you have ADHD and asperger's disorder. the thing about this forums is that nobody is treated differently then other poeple. QUOTE]

Not exactly true, without naming people there are some people who we do talk to differently because we know they have personal issues which make understanding difficult.

There are also some people treated differently because they just say stupid things alot......

That said this is a self help forum. But me personally I look at different situations and offer any help I can where I think it might be useful.

Anxiety is an awkward thing to live with so I understand getting AFG getting put off.

My advice take it slowly pal, this is a great and interesting hobby and if you're ever really stuck I'm sure someone will help
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Bottom line is people are nice here. If you are patient, willing to accept feedback, polite, and generally showing a willing to learn and stick around...people are very willing to help you do so.

If you are impatient, don't listen to answers that are given, rude, or lazy...would you want to help someone like that.

I have to be honest, you have made some good steps toward repairing the impressions you have built here by being far more patient and having a much better attitude. Keep that up, do some learning (even if it takes you years) and keep in mind that some of the people here have been building lightsabers years before you ever knew it was possible.

I always love to see new builds! I will say no more on the topic until i see your first saber blaze to life
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~