Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, here's something you don't have to read, just watch:

http://www.youtube.com/TheCustomSabe.../0/s322OZ6GEtE
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

consider my mind blown! I *heart* Loreen! That was awesome! I'm hooked!

fyi, I'm not dumb. I'm just not that bit a reader.

Quote Originally Posted by a fearsome grue View Post
    I'm just not that bit a reader.
    If you want to do this stuff, you're going to have to learn to be. There's a wealth of information here, and even a section that focuses on new people wanting to build a saber. It may take a bit of time, but it's truly worth it in the end.

There's a saying: God helps those that help themselves, and that can be applied here. If you show that you're willing to make the effort, people will gladly help you.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, originally it sounded like he just wanted to build a static saber, and be done with it. That he didn't want to have to find anymore information than to just do that.

We'll see if that's still the case.........
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Well, originally it sounded like he just wanted to build a static saber, and be done with it. That he didn't want to have to find anymore information than to just do that.

We'll see if that's still the case.........

that was until you showed me that video. Look pretty simple and straightforward. Expensive though. I might be able to pound out one a year what with my other hobbies, interests, two year old daughter, daycare, food, medical, groceries...

Thats just something thats gonna have to be between you and you.
    But when I first joined this site last year, my first post was to ask if someone had a saber they could sell me. That was a mistake, and I learned from it, and all we are asking you to do is learn from us, so that you can build a saber that you will like and have for many years, and you can say- "I built that!!" I know it is sort of scary jumping into places like this, but I promise you- with a little reading and a little help from YOU, we can point you in the right direction, which we already have , and like I said in your other post- you can build a saber to wow us all.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Quote Originally Posted by a fearsome grue View Post
    Oh, and I'm not being lazy (I think)

I'm badly adhd and largely autistic. big things freak me out like big forums like this.
    what I mean by that is I have asperger's disorder. It's a condition where someone has a very hard time relating to people or "NT's" (neurotypicals - normal people). When spoken to or corrected, I feel attacked or belittled or eveyone's being rude to me even if you're not or whatever. I'm not asking you to walk on eggshells or anything. Just please keep it in mind when dealing with me.

It is a hobby I'd like to get into and I'd like to get to know you good folks.

see, I try to look up stuff by doing searches of the forum and of the main page but like I've told you, it's all so big and expansive. I literally do get anxiety when I do these searches and I don't find what I want to ask about and then go to ask about it thinking there's something I missed, someplace I didn't look.

I guess I'm good with prefab steps like a hunny-do list. "please do this then that and then this..." Go from A to B to C and so on down the line until I'm done or if I get stuck, I can ask an expert for help (eg, one of you)

thanks for understanding.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

We are not trying to be rude or anything, we are just trying to tell you that there is a lot to making sabers and we want you to learn first so you don't get hurt or damage an expensive saber. We are more than glad to help you as long as you seem to be trying to help yourself by doing some research too. I am looking forward to seeing your first saber.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

okay so you have ADHD and asperger's disorder. the thing about this forums is that nobody is treated differently then other poeple. we are all equalls here. regardless of what mental stuff we have. i have the worst ADD imaginable. i cant keep track of ANYTHING. you wouldnt believe the amountof times i have lost my phone, keys, wallet, etc. it never ends. but here on this forum. we talk have a good time and just love starwars. everybody is just as important as the other.

we arent going to treat you any differently then lets say: Jay gon for instance. hes a respectable member and has learned alot and built some very beautiful sabers. unless you give us a reason to treat you differently we wont.

just dont be rude and demanding, be respectful and try to help your self. (trust me i have learned my lessons. ive done some pretty serious things.) seriously this is a forums where reading is required. just take it a little bit at a time. theres some wonderful tutorials on how to make a basic sinktube saber. then theres the links in LDM and Lord Muals sig. check them out. just focus on small things and remember the search key is your friend.

so please. just have fun here. thats all we ask.

loosing track of your wallet and/or keys isn't clinical adhd