Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I just want a saber...

Default I just want a saber...

is it possible to just ask questions without having to sift through the expanse that is this forum because all I want is a simple saber and someone who happens to be a good person can take two minutes can just answer the question?

I don't know about how it is here but on my hobby board, that how we do it. We answer even the most noobiest of noob's questions. Ask me anything about sci-fi scale modeling. I'll take an hour to answer if necessary.

Just tell me what button goes where and we're good. I really don't want to be a member of the forum or for it to become a hobby. All I want is a single costume saber, something that I can put on my dresser, on some kind of custom stand and admire.

Yes, you can ask a question and GOOD person can answer it(like me).
    there, i've answered the only proper question in your post. good luck
    note though, most of the people in this forums hate spoonfeeding.
    and, you put a button in a hole which you drill, and that hole will most probably be somewhere on your hilt.

I noticed. Thanks.

say, if you have e-mail or facebook or something, I could message you or something instead of wasting these folks' bandwidth.

Oh, and I'm not being lazy (I think)

I'm badly adhd and largely autistic. big things freak me out like big forums like this.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well ,For starters, onr of the reason we generally want people to figure out stuff for themselves is the feeling of accomplishment after you do it.

Another reason is that what you want is very easy to find...
    but here it is for you.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...splay.php?f=35

read these and it is all you need to make a stunt saber.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

First of all, check the attittude. You will not get the help you seek if you keep up the cursing (implied by abbreviation) and bad attitude. You are not off to a good start winning the help of people on this forum by asking very vague questions or staring multiple threads basically asking the same thing. That said, I will offer my 2 cents to this party.

First, if all you want is a simple saber without sound, then I would use the MHS saber Buillder attached to the store front (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/) and stick with the parts that are carried in the store. You may have to do some reading on how the MHS system works to make sure your design is a compatible one (male and femal threads work, etc). Once you have your design, post a query in the Parts List thread and ask politely if someone will review your design (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...splay.php?f=39). If you want holes drilled and tapped in your parts, email Tim the store owner and inquire about what he can do as far as custom work goes. There is usually a fee associated with drilling and tapping holes but he can do them and I would be willing to bet he will put them where they need to go if you ask nicely.

If you are wanting a saber with sound, then I suggest you start reading the forums a little before you do anything. There is a lot more complexity added to the equation when you add sound to a saber.

If you are not able or do not want to build your own saber (wether you order the parts or not), try joining the fx-sabers forum (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php) and browsing the Mining Colony (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0) and contact the members there who do saber builds and see if one of them can help you get your saber built.

As mentioned before, this forum is a DIY forum and we expect members here to do a little reading and try to answer their own questions. It's not that we do not want to help, we just grow tired of answering the same question over and over. The answers are here, you just have to find them. If you choose not to read and do a little leg work, do not yell at us for not helping you.

right but every time I ask a question, I'm told to read the forums.

Gets maddening, you know?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know, but every question you've asked (and multiple people ask them) can be answered by a little reading.

Then they get upset at us for trying to get them to help themselves...

gets maddening you know?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I recon that if you're looking for a costume saber then google big yellow box or some similar.

Alternatively you could order a bit of sink tube from the store, a couple of MHS sink tube adapters, a blade holder and pommel, MPS insert, clip. For the saber. If you want light add a make your own kit, which will have an led, lens, lens holder, switch, resistor and battery holder.

Regarding sound, you NEED TO READ and or get someone to do this for you.

I suggest MHS as did Acerocket, with some powder coat for decor.

Good luck
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

no, I want one from the MHS. The one as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCPTQfSlYU

possibly a little different.