Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: drill holes at store's discretion?

Default drill holes at store's discretion?

if I were to order a bare-bones saber with a few screws and whatnot, do you think the store would be able to tap and screw in the screws where they think they should go?

I'm not certain in my ability to keep them straight and keeping them in "what goes where", y'know?

I think this would fall under the drilling fee too so, I'm sure if I paid for that, it would be a simple matter of simply stating, "store's discretion".

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Dr...Hole-P193.aspx

you have quite a bit of reading to do before asking for handouts my friend...

you just buy the service, the store doesn't assemble anything for you so there is no "store discretion"
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Exactly. Go to the section of the store on the main page that says services. There is a service that Tim offers called the uh...... um..... Oh crap. I almost had it. OH! YEAH! Drill and Tap Service.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

what "hand-out"???

I said "I think this would fall under the drilling fee"

you all say that I need to read the forums some more.

I'm a newb and the forum is so big, I don't know where to start so how's about cutting me a little SLACK!

So, let me ask again: FOR A FEE, will they put the screws and stuff where they see fit?
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 11-01-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: no cursin bud

No...they will not. only the holes, and as you can see there is a section to tell them where.

As stated in my earlier post. They do not assemble anything for you. Please refrain from using abbreviations for curse words as it is the same as saying it. This is a DIY (do it yourself) forum. People are willing to help but only after you do some looking. It gets tiring answering the same questions over and over...
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 11-01-2009 at 07:27 AM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Answers to your questions can be found everywhere. If you're not willing to do the work of looking than you're probably not going to want to do the work of building either. You've already stated that you have no interest in being a part of these forums, so that means that will not contribute anything here either. Therefore no one is going to really want to help you. If I were you, I would just look for a completed saber to buy, try eBay. That seems like it would be more YOUR style.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

It's just that they'd - as saber experts would know where the screws go better than I.

Know what I mean?

When I ordered my saber parts, I asked for a hole to be drilled for the blade retention screw. I didn't specify the exact position on the blade holder, so Tim lined it up with the switch hole. When ordering, just tell him what you want; blade retention screw, covertec screw, and so on. Expect to pay for them, of course.

just that I don't have a bench press, y'know? And I have a feeling a hand-held wouldn't be up the the challenge of drilling a curved metal surface without scratching up the finish unless a pilot hole is in place first.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think you mean drill press.

Hand drilling can be done, with a center punch to mark where the hole will go so your bit doesn't wander, but a drill press is better, of course. I usually can't get holes perfectly perpendicular when I hand drill through MHS pieces, but now a friend has a small drill press, so I go use that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!