Thread: Illuminated + US 2.5 Question

Default Illuminated + US 2.5 Question

Hey guys, I found this picture on the forums (see first attached image) that detailed how to wire an illuminated switch with the US 2.5. I found an Illuminated switch that does not have the same prong setup or whatever you call it (see attached image 2)

My question is, will a switch with this prong setup work? If so, how do you wire it? Thanks for enlightening a very confused newb...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Master

As long as it is momentary. you use the Input and Normally open pins for the switch. Led leads are self explanatory.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks fender, figured the input would work as the other pin but wasn't sure...would hate to fry a switch or some such

Now to figure if I can flush mount it lol

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That switch will work with the US 2.5. That is just a SPST version of the ones Tim sells. I use those all the time. You will have to use the Bezel or box 4 from the store. They are too long to fit in a MHS hilt

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

You will have to use the Bezel or box 4 from the store. They are too long to fit in a MHS hilt
    Even if i were to clip the pins?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Even clipping the pins as much as you can it is a little to long.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, the only reason I was able to flush mount one is that it was "special" Less than an inch long. You can't buy them anywhere in the states.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks for the info guys! A bezel will have to do for now then... good thing they are back in stock haha

Can't wait to build my second saber ever. I'ts gonna be a doosy!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those bezels work and look great. At first I thought it would make the switch stick out too far and not look right, but I was very pleased with the result.