Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: International Shipping and customs

Oh yeah...with all the money and anticipation I had trouble sleeping.

I got my parts now (yay!) and with express shipping, I ordered on a sunday, they went out monday morning, and was here in Halifax by thursday the following week.
    I had to pay provincial taxes on it so my order of roughly $520 cost me an extra $72 at the post office when it arrived. Big order but I'm building two.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Glad you got your stuff. Isn't it just like Christmas when you get that box at your door?

Now get building, and post some pics!

Yes it is.

<threadjack>

My package from Canada still hasn't arrived. It was mailed from Brockville, ON on the 20th of October. Today is the 10th of November. That puts it at 15 business days in transit. It entered the US on the 25th at 9:00am EST. The facility that it is at in New Jersey is less than 2 hours from my home. I've been in contact with the sender and the Post office and I'm waiting on the results of an investigation. I'm starting to think that something is rotten in Denmark...

</threadjack>

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

thanks...I'm all over it. the build is going better then planned and I'll be sure to post pics and info about the build in a few weeks..

Not a thread jack at all....hence the title. Hope your parts arrive soon and in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Not a thread jack at all....hence the title. Hope your parts arrive soon and in good condition.
    Thanks, I'm just concerned that I'm going to either get an exploded/waterlogged package, or a knock on my door from Homeland Security.

I just want to mod my Luke...ARRGH!!!

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

log on in the store section and there will a a tracking link with your order info once it's processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I got my parts now (yay!) and with express shipping, I ordered on a sunday, they went out monday morning, and was here in Halifax...
    Sorry for the threadjack but I just noticed..."Halifax"?

Nice to see another Maritimer in the hobby. I live in T.O. now but grew up an hour away from Halifax in Bridgewater on the South Shore...took my first trip by myself to the 'Big City' at 13 y/o on a Grey Coach to see some strange new film called "Star Wars" in '77 in a little theatre not far from Historic Properties below the Citadel...yesterday I got my 'unicorn' saber a 'Ben Kenobi' from that same movie..how time flies..

Anyways thought I'd give a 'shout out' to a Nova Scotia 'homegirl'...have a great day and MTFBWY lol

*...we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress...*

P.S. yeah the sales tax charges do svck but thats the rate I pay on orders too so at least they calculated it correctly...and I've also found that with orders from the US they seem to get to the border quickly but then takes a while getting delivered...the handoff from Customs to Canada Post seems slow...:-/

yeah!...I'm originally from the south shore too...the deep south..lol
    There's a few of us on here. ...I spent some time where many of us call the darkside (across Halifax harbour in Dartmouth)..lol

On that order it appeared to be in flight for like 5 days..lol. Yeah customs handed off to Canada post to process and no update till 2 days later and they were delivering in town. They skipped an update or two.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 12-03-2009 at 08:27 AM.