Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: International Shipping and customs

Default International Shipping and customs

Hey

I've been tracking my order to Canada and it was sent out of the USA but no tracking info after that since tuesday and it's friday. I think it's stuck in customs...

I would have thought TCSS would no some ways around this with the packaging so I hope it's going to be ok.

Anyone been through this?

Oh yes- It used to not be such a big problem, but lately (all my orders since August) the packages into Canada have been stopped in customs for about 5 days at least, sometimes more. Once they are released from customs it shouldn't be a problem though. They usually arrive in Halifax 2 working days later.

Thanks neighbour!

Seeing this happen I'm glad I payed the extra for express.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Shoot..maybe we forgot to package it in the Jedi box that waves its hand at customs and says "this is not the package you want to charge customs fees on"

All kidding aside, we have no way of controlling what your customs department does.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

... lol
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

lol....I thought they may be concerned about what the parts for.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Oh.. we just put "nuclear device" for the part descriptions

We generally list them as flashlight parts etc..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Custom flashlight description is good for two things..... Stopping a postal geek from robbing my in transit custom lightsaber, and stopping my colleagues from ribbing me when it gets delivered to the office.

Unfortunately either way we get our pants pulled down by customs.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

on a related note. I have a package coming from Canada. It was shipped on the 19th of Oct. and it arrived in New Jersey on the 25th. There it has stayed...today is the 30th.

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

My first order from TCSS got hung up in customs in Vancouver for 9 days. That seems to have been a fluke. Every order since then has taken about a week.

Where in Canada are you? (Generally)