Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Second completed saber.

I do realize that I am being a bit of a hypocrite in using these blades on this saber seeing as how i did post in that discussion as to why it was a bad idea and i stand by that post which is in this thread:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ht=saber+claws

In light of the reasons i could not carry it around at a convention or easily in public i am designing new claws to go on it and will be presenting them by Halloween day as i plan to wear in and such as part of a costume. Would also like to hear which claws people prefer on it.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

It was from both safety and law enforcement opinions we were advising DJ.
    We have several 'Elder' members on here that work in those fields, myself included, and have seen knife wounds from blades that 'aren't sharp' and are 'only display pieces'.

As responsible adults, we refused to associate with the idea on the grounds that should anyone receive an injury, "those people on the internet" that may have given advice could be seen as liable.

Blades talk has been done.

This is certainly an interesting design, though I feel it needs to be weathered slightly to give it a relic-like finish. In it's present state, it just doesn't seem finished. That's just me.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Ok here are the new claws for the saber. They are all aluminum and entirely hand made. Let me know what you think. Also they are not part of a blade at all and have never had or held an edge(the are made from shrimp devieners). I agree on the weathering i just have to figure out how i want to do it. And yes this is a quicker turn around then i though it would be on the production.

Heres a detail of them.

made from
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 10-29-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Now that is creative. I like those claws too. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Cool custom claws. Say that three times fast.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

THANK YOU for removing the blades. Cool as they may look dangerous they are... ok, nuff of that.

The new claws, in my opinion, look better than the knife blades. they fit with the styling and finish of the rest of the saber. Dunno if it's intentional or not, but it has an almost "sea monster's claw" kind of look.

Wow came up with those bad boys pretty fast. I'm guessing they we're already planned in some form but the went with the blades first....

Like AH said much more in keeping with the look of the saber and not so much a blade as a claw.

I like this much more now.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

that does look cool, but i personally liked it better with the actual blades... that said, I DO understand the safety issues with having blades attached to a saber.
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not

Thanks for all the feed back, I made one last tweak to it and it is as i consider it finally done. A small but effective sound chamber made from a bell split ring pipe hanger. Not the first to put a spike on the end like that but it works for a nice finial. And yes the second set of claws were on the drawing board from the start of the saber just didn't expect they would be as easy to make as they were.