Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What would you like on BT / CF V5

About bar graph/accent led animations... I had a couple thoughts.

1. Accent LED Animation during menu? Or better yet...
    2. Accent LEDs act as PLI during menu! (4 LED = Full power, 1 LED = low batt).

I can't wait for v. 5!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    About bar graph/accent led animations... I had a couple thoughts.

1. Accent LED Animation during menu? Or better yet...
    2. Accent LEDs act as PLI during menu! (4 LED = Full power, 1 LED = low batt).

I can't wait for v. 5!!!
    Oooh. Go with that second one. That'd be an awesome idea.

(And hopefully I'll get my hands on one of the damn things this time. )

just a thought but what about pulsing accent ect... kinda like what you guys were sayin with the different fonts...

Many good ideas here. Erv, you have your hands full.
    The thing I would love to see would be compatibility for string LED blades. I'm picky like that I guess. sorry. and definitely more available so that their not all swallowed up by the power buyers.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Power buyers? I guess I don't understand what that means. Erv' set limits on the number of boards each person could buy. Everyone who has the $ at the time of the sale and shows up on time, has the same opportunity as anyone else.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

i havnt found any threads on this so i appologize if i missed it. but i would like to see VU meter capabilities if possible. or should i keep making seperate boards?

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    i havnt found any threads on this so i appologize if i missed it. but i would like to see VU meter capabilities if possible. or should i keep making seperate boards?
    If I am interpreting what I think you mean by "VU meter", it is indeed on Crystal Focus, although possibly not how you'd expect/request. It only functions in the "iSaber" mode, in other words--during the "music player" mode.

I suppose if you are requesting that feature during the actual usage of the saber... it COULD be tied in to the saber sounds. At least... I think.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

how about a Fingertip/Fingerprint Recognition system? that way no one but you can use your saber. would need an external scanner to program the recognition to memorize your prints. or voice activation/recognition. i think that is do able. might need the bluetooth set up.

doesnt sound reasonable i know but its a nice concept.

Sláinte
    People should not be afraid of their governments....
    Governments should be afraid of its people.

Aequitas et Veritas.

You posted this on another thread... and... although it's an interesting idea--Crystal Focus would not need to be altered in order to "chain" such a concept/circuit/idea in there.

Essentially, the "poweron" setup for all CF boards allow a momentary switch or latching switches (N/O or N/C--your choice). Once the fingerprinting circuit & logistics were in play... it'd be a matter of wiring it in AS the switch leads.

Now... whether or not the fingerprinting circuit provides the "proper" amount of current and voltage (in other words... not too much, not too little)... it could be wired into the poweron switch lead and the GND or battery - leads. Bingo. Otherwise? No such luck.

But altering CF ~just~ for such a purpose would be unneeded excess firmware bloat, heheh. Since maybe 1% of saber users would have such a setup.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I have played with several brands of finger printer recognition systems before..(U.R.U & Targus)

for quickly locking/un-locking your computer..etc..

the 'sensor' itself is a device.....that could be used/hooked up to the 'CF' (or whatever)..

however.. there would still need to be a way to add the 'drivers' to the 'board' so it can read/recognize & control the sensor..

so something 'extra' would need to be added so the sensor could communicate with the board in the end...and then send a 'signal' (perhaps digital?) to say yes or no.

IMHO.. would be waaay to much work for something (as Nova stated) less than 1% would probably use.

maybe cool for a novelty factor (at first).. but not for a practical, gab my saber, ignite and go! approach.