Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like on BT / CF V5

since Harry's idea I have been thinking of one like his as well, but for the force sounds, I have trouble trying to get the 2nd force sound kicking in at times, however if like the poweron idea you were to hold the hilt at certain angles and then initiate the force power then it could work out being a little bit easier, that being said it would also allow more force powers to be on a soundbank.

I can't really think up anything that can make the CF any greater, before we know it Erv will be building a soundboard that talks to us like Hal, ah Hal how I miss you.

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

good idea, it's sort of part of the "gesture recognition" techniques improvments, taking more in consideration the gesture flow to make certain combo easier.
    Force & force clash vs lockup is a difficult one. If you have difficulties triggering them, try increasing a bit the lockup parameter to allow more time to execute the gesture after pressing aux.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

More on the gesture side of thing, I had an idea with Blaster deflect to give that ultimate realism. Once you have activated a blaster deflect sound via Aux, you can swing the saber activating the second Blaster deflect sound, third and so on. Just in case you miss that Aux now and then

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

my wallet bleeds severally as it is...why must you twist the knife more?!
    ...YUP!

Sorry if this was already covered by the 120 page threads. It would be cool to be able to activate a favorite SW theme track during normal operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Sorry if this was already covered by the 120 page threads. It would be cool to be able to activate a favorite SW theme track during normal operation.
    1. iSaber mode.
    2. Mix your favorite song with a hum sound (lowering the hum waaaay down). The hum sound will be particularly long, but... if you want to hear it, there you go. Also--it will naturally "restart" if you trigger a swing, clash, blaster, etc. There is no way to avoid this.

I did things with "music" in about as clever as a way as could be with the "Indiana Jones" and "Kung Fu" fonts (CD#1). To some extent, even the "Thrasher!" font has a little bit of this idea (CD#2), but it's not quite as extensive.

3. Put the music sound/file into... well... force, force2, lockup, or whatever you like. I personally think "force2" would be the best solution for this, as it is not accidentally triggered often... and if you WANTED to trigger it--it's right there, ready to go.

As a matter of "FYI" with all of this... there really is no limit to the size of each sound file. At least--it's doubtful you'd ever have a sound file that would cause CF any problems. For example, if a swing sound, clash sound or lockup sound was 3 minutes long... it probably wouldn't give CF a problem.
    Last edited by Novastar; 11-01-2009 at 10:32 PM.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    More on the gesture side of thing, I had an idea with Blaster deflect to give that ultimate realism. Once you have activated a blaster deflect sound via Aux, you can swing the saber activating the second Blaster deflect sound, third and so on. Just in case you miss that Aux now and then
    1) Not compatible with current force fx
    Press aux and wave = force Fx
    2) how do you then leave the blaster deflection mode. Secondary problem cause you can still have a clash interrupting a blaster sequence.

BUT:
    you can still have press and release = Blaster
    further swings = more blasters
    wait the end of a blaster sound OR get a clash => leave blaster mode

overall, good idea
    Props Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    Only other thing I can think of is for Accent LED bar graphs getting the option to go crazy during a lock up sequence to represent the Saber is taking some serious stick
    solution added in the first post. Use of an altleds.txt file like on blaster core or chestbox core.

I've edited the first post to add some contribution.
    Props Electronics

Additionally (not to be overkill, but)...

with the "blaster" sounds, we all have MANY choices these sounds could be for. That is... they are not limited to "blaster only" sounds.

Pressing the aux button could trigger "lightning"... or "choking"... or anything you dream up! Just depends on the imagination. Remember CF is *FULL* of possibilities.

Additionally, I've taken the "liberty"(?) of making some of the blaster sounds on the CDs... umm... how do I say this--more robust. That is--sometimes triggering a blaster sound will trigger "more than one" sound...

Such as the "Episode IV" (both versions, both CDs) sound of Luke on the Millenium Falcon blocking three shots from that little round floating sphere thing.

In this way, you can have a sequence of effects chained together, and mimic the goofy motions you want (of blocking, or whatever).

The moral is: each "blaster" sound:

* Can be any length
    * Can be any sound
    * Is open to your imagination

Much like the force and force2 sounds. They are not limited to being "all about" a particular sound. They can be ANYTHING. Anything you like.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

indeed,

anatim for instance dupplicate the force sounds to all blasters too so that he can trigger force with the aux button. Sound slots can be affected to anything, it's just *your* context.
    Props Electronics