Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like on BT / CF V5

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would it be possible to have two sounds running at the same time?

Like, the regular saber sound and then a programmable song in the Background?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I like Harry's idea a lot!
    What about if you use an analogical thing for the poweroff:
    fast movement + poweroff = short poweroff
    no movement + poweroff = normal poweroff

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    * more switch options. I got a request to add the ultrasound delayed power off to handle poor switches with a lot of bouncing. APOP handles that already and I'm not fully conviced but why not.
    Perhaps instead of a poweron switch and a aux switch, it could be simply switch 1 and switch 2, and a configuration file could set the parameters. That way if people wanted it to act similar to an ultrasound (I agree with Erv, I don't understand why) they could just use the Ultrasound switch.conf.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Would it be possible to have two sounds running at the same time?
    Like, the regular saber sound and then a programmable song in the Background?

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...75&postcount=8
    It's not going to be a smooth roadmap if people don't read what I post.

anatim : indeed , totally possible ! I can still measure gesture just prior the power off. However, it won't be motion recognition per say, Just define a threshold somewhere and select on the fly which power off to play. 3 power on, 2 poweroff. Novastar is gonna eat me for dinner.

switch1/2 : not bad. I'm just afraid to confuse people even more in the wiring with no "functionnal identity" for the switches. You're excused, you've been in the rfx project for a while, correct ? (no pun or jk intended, it's a usual issue with open hardware)
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The motion acuated poweron/off fonts is brilliant.

Also, what the hell is wrong with an Aria Pro II? I bought one for 5 bucks in mint condition and I can melt face with it. It rocks

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Ok so this may sound stupid but it is a serious question regarding a sound font.
    Would it be possible to have a stun gun sound that works with the clash/flash????

I've got some parts going on my new saber which in RP could work quite like a stun, if the saber were wired that way.

Not all jedi like to use the force to incapacitate a foe, especially when stealth and a stun function would be great.

Re Harry's idea. Spot on. I like the idea of a multi directional ignition too, even energy should sound different traveling in a different direction.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I'd like to see a feature where I can throw a CF in a box of parts and it will build itself a saber to hosue it.

In all seriousness, Erv, you are a king among men. I can't recall many small business' that take customer input so serious. I applaud you for all the work you have done and are planning on doing.

My only request (and it's kind of addressed in your list) is that I would love a form factor that fits inside a 1" bore. I would even be willing to sacrifice a little width for added length in need be. Smaller is better, but I doubt you can get it to .75" wide and 1" long.

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    I've heard other things like "I'm working on that font with protools". LOL, same idea as saying you using a CNC so you'll end with a brillant result. Unfortunatly no. I could have an Ibanez JS sig edition, I'll still be playing satriani's music like a *smelly brown material*. And give JS an aria pro II and he'll make you cry.
    Using big words like CNC, CAD program, 3D, RPM (rapid prototyping machines), or ProTools will not create your skills from nothing. Novastar is using movie smucker and goldwave, just like I do. I use SoundForge too cause it can do batch processing & conversion, it's just about "faster", not "better".

saber building hobby requires, as I've said many times, a lot of cummulated layers of skills. You feel lost about wiring a CF, make soundfonts, choose the right optics and blades, luxeon binning ? that's normal.

oh i can do it, did i say it would be easy? NO i did not. but i work in the midi lab and recording studio at my college all the time, pretty much everyday. protools is one of multiple programs i like to work with, protools is my personal favorite because it is user friendly. will i fail the first time? absolutley... will i give up? no i wont. why? because i know i can make it. i dont deny that i have a ton of things to learn about audio. yes i have a TON. my knowledge is noob compared to nova. But i have people that can help me with the proper settings to make it work. you dont need to doubt my skill when you dont even know what skills i do and dont have. and to put it in text i will probably never be as good as nova but all the same i do look up to him as an inspirational person in the audio world, im not mad or anything i just want to make things clear. and i never said it was a font. just an activation sound. fonts are, im sure, more complicated.

that was long

as for the CF v5. im not making any suggestions because i know nothing of the CF but i have to say that h@rrys idea was brilliant. way to go. and erv this board is going to be awesome. once again you amaze me.
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 10-28-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    My only request (and it's kind of addressed in your list) is that I would love a form factor that fits inside a 1" bore. I would even be willing to sacrifice a little width for added length in need be. Smaller is better, but I doubt you can get it to .75" wide and 1" long.
    Thats kinda what I meant hoping "smaller" meant narrower not shorter Ace...if Erv had to INCREASE board length to 3", 4" or more but could reduce width to 3/4" by doing so there would be some awesome sound possibilities for certain *coughKorbanthSithPlanetParkscough* hilts and other NARROW inside but plenty LONG hilts...if CF components would allow such a layout that is...just a thought...
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 10-28-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Also, what the hell is wrong with an Aria Pro II? I bought one for 5 bucks in mint condition and I can melt face with it. It rocks
    nothing... it's just that I've heard a lot of people saying oh... that's what you have, sorry. Just like I said, Some people believe you can't do great things with something that is cheap or doesn't have the "reputation" of a big brand.
    Myself I don't own one. I just deserve a squier

DJ : so what I said sent some echo ? then don't turn off the sonar. Be aware that you can't drop Burk in the Ocean without getting some tides and waves. If you feel wet, it's normal. Don't panic. Get a towel.
    Now get back and read what you wrote. I don't think most of us post here saying "here's my uber cool custom rainbow saber I designed last night". Checkout build logs. FACTS + FEATURES + TECHNIQUES.
    Simplicity is elegant. Go to the point. Post about your actual work. Not what you plan to do at school during the coffee break.
    As for protools being user friendly, I'll pass that one to our sound engineers. That's a good one.
    Indeed, that was long.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com