Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where Do I buy a CF Board

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Where Do I buy a CF Board

I apologize if this has been posted and answered before, but where would I buy a CF board (other than maybe Erv at Plecterlabs)??? I am hoping to get a 3.0 or above with either Novastar, Darkstar, Ancient Saber, or Vader ESB modified by Judge Saber Smith for my first saber. But I dont know where to buy a board! Plz help!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

First of all there is NO talk about sales on the TCSS forum since it is attached to a store and secondly you REALLY need to read more. The CF is very hard to come by and it is like winning the lottery just to get the chance to buy one. Erv only makes a few at a time and only sells them once or twice a year. They sell out in a matter of seconds. Good luck trying to find one, I have been trying for 2 years to get one.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    First of all there is NO talk about sales on the TCSS forum since it is attached to a store and secondly you REALLY need to read more. The CF is very hard to come by and it is like winning the lottery just to get the chance to buy one. Erv only makes a few at a time and only sells them once or twice a year. They sell out in a matter of seconds. Good luck trying to find one, I have been trying for 2 years to get one.
    Alright, so if I can't get a CF, what board can I get thats not a US, and where do I get it?

Search ebay
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

PM sent with answers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Read, read, read and you will find the answers you seek. This forum is full of information for sound options out there. Other than the CF and US the easiest boards to get are from the Hasbro FX line of sabers or the Hasbro toy sabers. Both options require you ripping apart a saber to get the card out of it.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Other than the CF and US the easiest boards to get are from the Hasbro FX line of sabers or the Hasbro toy sabers. Both options require you ripping apart a saber to get the card out of it.
    Awww... had I known that, the fifteen toy sabers that I've ripped apart and thrown away over the years, I would've kept the boards and NOT busted and broke them and thrown them away!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The new 2010 Toy Hasbro sabers sound WAY better than the older ones did.

I don't mean to discourage you, but even if you COULD get a CF you might want to set your sights a little lower first until you have some saber building and soldering experience. Try building one without sound at all, then move on to inexpensive boards before dropping the cash on a US or CF. You'll be glad you took your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Zekk View Post
    Awww... had I known that, the fifteen toy sabers that I've ripped apart and thrown away over the years, I would've kept the boards and NOT busted and broke them and thrown them away!
    If you werent getting the soundboards out..what were you ripping that hilts apart for?

on a side note.. getting a CF '3rd party' can (will) be costly...

I haven seen them go for $600+ easy before...
    Last edited by xl97; 08-18-2010 at 12:07 AM.