Thread: LEDengin possibilities

Question LEDengin possibilities

It seems that these 10 watt leds with the parallel pcb can be set up for some interesting configurations. What are your thoughts on one wired for 3 different drivers.

Main driver; a CF to provide shimmer & other effects driving 2 of the 4 leds at 8V.

Second driver; a 3.3V regulator or similar simple driver on constantly for one of the two remaining leds.

Third driver. A Power Extender connected to the clash output of the CF to last led reserved for clash.

Still too much heat even with one led off most of the time & two of them not being 100% by the CF shimmer function?

Idea is you still get shimmer as 2 of the three that are on normally are will shimmer (66%) would it still shimmer good?

It would be super bright.

One 2.5Watt led just for clash inside the emitter. Good clash?

Speculate........ Or has this already been done?

Search Madhatter. He did a 10W LEDengin with a CF 4.0

Erv also uses a 10W green in his saber

I for one am planning on upgrading my steampunk Luke toa LEDengin Green. 3 dies in parallel, run off a CF @ 1.5A and then the last die Clash flash.

Red's the easiest one to use. You can run 3 Dies in series at 7V @ 700mA Plus have a Clash Flash for CF Users. However, heats still going to be an issue and hopefully a good heatsink should fix it, even a fan if needed to go that far lol

Now to design a Sith saber...
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 10-25-2009 at 12:30 AM.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Banned Sith Lord

yeah getting the one with all dies seperate so you have seprate solder pads would be the esieast way to go.

but look in my sig.

thats the one with them all in seies. it needs 14.4 volts and 700 ma (1000 max)

im direct driving it with 4 14500s. and man its bright. BUT since the dies are all in series. it drains my batteries 4 times as fast. which gives me about 15 minutes of run time on my li ions.

i should have gotten them all seperate though. heres why:

i could still use 4 14500s but i would have longer run time if each die has an individual battery. that way your run time is around an hour. you could also wire sound to it. take a CF. hook up a 2 14500 battery pack to it and drive two of the dies with the CF. then if you are using the DPST switch or something with a lot of ports like an AV switch you could hook the other 2 single batteries to the same switch and drive the other two LEDs.

i think the AV switches have 3 ports. 1 port for CF and the other two for the other two dies.

i think this would work.... i most likely have something wrong here. please correct me.
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 11-03-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Just run 3 in series with 10.8V @ 1000mA, it works out 132.5 Lumen per Die @ 1A! You could use the last die for Clash flash, you would have plenty of brightness. If you are using a CF, I'd use NiMH AAA's, problem with Li-Ions is a 3.7V Cell for example is actually 4.2V Fully charged and for your planned set up, I don't think it will get on without a 11V Regulator.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Banned Sith Lord

nihm batteries wont work. each die needs 3.6 volts. i would need 3 batteries to power one single die. so like i said wire each individual die to a 3.7 li ion. you are running at full.

but i guess a CF would work at 10.7 volts... and yeah the clash flash would be the perfect thing for the fourth die.

sweet

NiMH will work, you need 11 of them in series.

I don't know...