Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PLI Box interest thread

Perhaps these could be options? If even possible.

Last edited by Maurnick; 10-24-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

All good ideas..

The box is as short as it can be to fit the PLI. The only other option would be to recess some of the PLI into the hilt and lock it in place/trim it with a shorter box.

I was also thinking of combining this with box4 by stretching out box 4 enough to fit it.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

This looks like a great idea. I myself would prefer a more flush type mount & like the oval shape above. To save space could a smaller IC be used?

I agree with all of the statements made about selling the PLI seperately. Possibly make a box a little longer, then incorpoarate a tactile switch into the PLI?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

I'd have to agree that selling the PLI separately would be a good idea. That way someone could incorporate them into their internals and make the PLI flush mount with their saber.

As for the box, I personally don't mind the size, but it looks a bit plain. A little groove or something to improve the aesthetics would be to it's benefit.

Maybe make a box 5 that incorporates the PLI and an AV switch? Or any switch, for that matter.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Banned Sith Lord

i love it. i think though that by increasing the radiuses on all the edges and making the front and back completly rounded it would be alot cooler and way less boxy and more comfortable to the hand. but infact i would buy it as is. i think its brilliant.

all we need now are LCD screens lol

I'm not too fond of the box as it is right now. I'm glad to see a way to mount the PLI, since that was always a pain in the butt before.

My main issue is with the width of the piece and how the side walls are vertical. I think having a box that is much wider at the base and narrow at the top would be better, and be more comfortable to hold. Right now, it seems a little sharp and uncomfortable.

It would be a large piece, but having a box that could house one or two tactile switches or one or two of the anti-vandal switches would be a neat thing also.

That's true and a 'sloped' box shaped more like the box for the AV switches would certainly look better on PT designs...a square box would still look good for OT designs though, esp if it had a groove as Eco suggests.

PLI great Idea.....big box not so good.
    I really favor either a flush mount or recessed mount to keep it low profile. Perhaps an additional "service" fee to flush mount the PLI for those unable to do it themselves?
    others have said more and in better ways so I'll keep watch and wait.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

I like the rounded box better myself, but I may be a bit partial, since that's what's on my Killer Penny saber:

Having owned sabers with more square boxes and those with rounded ends, I can say that the rounded ones are more comfortable.

Corbin