Thread: Noob question

Question Newb question

Hello forumites,

I am here seeking Jedi wisdom.

1. If I get the MHS sound/speaker/battery combo for my lightsaber build, and am using a Luxeon V, do I need a Buck Puck?

2. I know that I need 6.8v to run the LED, how much voltage do I need all together to run the soundboard and LED? I want to use the 3.7V Li-Ion batteries, is that enough power?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

May the Force be with you.
    Last edited by Lan-Ja Hamil; 10-24-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I found out I am not a noob.

1. no, no buck puck needed. The soundboard will handle the current regulation for you.

2. Using the two 3.7v Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in that set up will provide you with 7.4 volts.

These questions could be answered very easily by reading around the forums, btw.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    1. no, no buck puck needed. The soundboard will handle the current regulation for you.

2. Using the two 3.7v Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in that set up will provide you with 7.4 volts.

These questions could be answered very easily by reading around the forums, btw.
    Thanks Jay-gon, I have been reading more of the forums today and I have found most of the answers I was needing.