Thread: Question about 2003 MR EL Vader.

Default Question about 2003 MR EL Vader.

I have a chance to pick one up for $45. The clash sensor seems a bit wonky, but otherwise, it all works. I did search the forums here and came across a few threads where it's mentioned, but I haven't really found anything specific.

I guess my question is, would be appropriate to snap up as a sound board for a build later on? I'm looking at probably running a Seoul P4 and I'm not sure this thing'll drive it. From what I understand, the 2003 MR's came in LED and EL flavors and I'm pretty sure this is the EL. The switch is not in the graflex clamp, it's up near the emitter shroud.

So I guess my question is, does anyone have any experience with these? Would picking it up for $35-$45 be a decent deal?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can use it as a sound board, it will not drive an LED, I'd use a buck puck for that.

EL using high frequency AC, not low power DC.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Do you have first hand experience with it? If it scrolls then its LED and yes you can use it. If it is EL, then the soundboard wont power the LED.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Yes, I've handled it. It's at a local pawnshop. Thanks for the replies. As long as I can use it for sound and find a way here (I'm sure there's a diagram somewhere) to wire it up with a buckpuck so it's all controlled with one switch, I'm a happy camper. Might swing down and pick it up this afternoon. Have the day off, but so does the wife and she might supercede me on this one, lol.

*Edit- It's the 2003 LED version. The manager didn't want to let it go for less than $75. I walked.
    Last edited by Graindog; 10-21-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Eh, you could'a grabbed it and gutted it, then re-sold the hilt on eBay. You probably would have recouped a good portion of what you spent. Unless you wanted to do a conversion, in which case, yeah, too much.

Then again, I'm kinda spoiled rotten right now with my nice secret stash of old MRs

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS