Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: carrying cases?

Default carrying cases?

Has anyone made carrying cases for their saber? I'm considering making one, and although I'm resourceful I'd like to know if anyone else has gone to this length? I'm thinking of making one that is a hard shell case with padding like a musical instrument.

I also thought something like a pool cue bag, or martial arts weapons bag might do for the blade.

I believe I've read in one of the threads that someone has used a rifle carrying case to trnsport their sabers.

Or a carry case for a bokken or other martial arts practice sword.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Here is the one I use. I have been able to put 9 sabers with blades and 14 sabers with out blades in it. Plus it is only $47 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4303558

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

cool..the rifle case is bigger then i"d want. I was thinking of one saber hilt myself, but for safely storing and transporting several it looks ideal. So there's no form inside of it just tight foam padding? And it all stays in place?

hehe....don't bring this through customs...gun case full of pipe bombs..lol.jk
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-21-2009 at 06:29 AM.

I got a pistol carrying case from my local gun store: www.hoffgun.com

It has four layers of foam, two egg crate and two with cut outs (to mold to your equipment). I can fit 2 DL-44's and 5 or 6 (depending on style) saber hilts. and it is only a bit bigger than a boot box.

Someone over at FX-Sabers forums makes custom carrying cases for lightsabers. They are pretty sweet. Sorry I don't have a link right now but I'm sure their search function will find it for you.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can find inexpensive pistol cases that work great.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

mmm....ABS tube with end caps cut in 2 with hinges, a clasp, padding, and a handle or shoulder strap.

Thanks for sharing all the great ideas but I prefer to make stuff when ever I can and I think I'm onto something. I like the box idea but a tube case would nice too. And painted the same color as my saber.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-21-2009 at 03:49 PM.

If I may recommend, I think South-Pak, Inc. makes a carrying case that would be perfect. They have a website full of custom case options.