Thread: Sp-1

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Sp-1

Here is Spare Parts #1 (SP-1). Over a few years I have collected enough random through mis-buys parts to make a saber... Here is the first of what will likely be many to come.

Specs:
    3W Blue LED
    1000mA buckpuck
    1 3.7V Li Ion for power
    guarded latching switch
    ORIGINAL TCSS style 4 pommel (there have been 3 versions - Original [larger than MHS OD, no sound holes], newer [1.45" OD, no sound holes], and then the MPS one. This thing has some age to it.

Now for pictures.

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I strongly suggest adding some paint here or there or changing the pommel or gear section out for something else and no, I'm not going to say why. Just trust me on this. Other than that, it looks great.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

This will be a 'beater' saber, which is why it's bare bones. No paint, no nuthin. I don't want to feel bad if it gets dented or dinged. The gear is a great lower grip, which is why it's on there.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

That's a pretty incredible looking saber for being made from just "spare parts."

Banned Sith Lord

nice. i agree it needs paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    This will be a 'beater' saber, which is why it's bare bones. No paint, no nuthin. I don't want to feel bad if it gets dented or dinged. The gear is a great lower grip, which is why it's on there.
    I hear that, Maul!

I actually love seeing the "auto-weathering" that occurs over the years to my sabers. It isn't pretty... but... it is quite realistic in the sense that it's all true wear & tear.

So... looking forward to seeing what happens to it over time!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Hell yeah, the oils in your skin will cause natural weathering, dings, scrapes etc. Leave it to sort itself out I think.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Intiresting design, needs a shroud though...
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I really like it. simple yet not plain. I think some splash of color would be a good thing.. if it weren't simply a stunt saber that is.