Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Custom Saber Concept and List

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe you didn't say where a set screw might be going, and we assumed you'd be using it to hold some parts together?

Sorry about my response, it just didn't make any sense that you'd use 2 screws in the same hole.

You wouldn't have read anywhere on this forum about anyone doing that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

"they look more like a weapon and a tool than decoration"
    Seems like a Jedi thing...like it's an important tool but not getting attached to it.

"Not designed for lights and blades right now....cross that bridge when I get there."

I wish I had that kind of patience. I would at least consider your future goals to make sure they're achievable with this handle...looks good to me but I'm new to this.

Thanks J-LO. There's alot of info to process here. The more I read the more I see things left out or simplified. Plus it can be intimidating to ask questions here.

I would have to agree with Crystal. It can be a little intimdating asking questions here. I have read a lot of posts were Noobs have asked questions, and just get lit up by the Veteran builders. But I can also agree with the Veterans. I have 4 children and I go nuts after answering the same question for the 10th time. So search, read, and you will discover the answer you are searching for.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sometimes, figuring out how to use the Search function effectively can be a learning experience in and of itself.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    How come when I put the two parts in my part list no one questioned/corrected me?
    My only defense(s) are that I've never seen it....but even if I had...I'm both blonde and male. So...I'm innocent! Promise!

Ah, yes, being new. You and I are in the same boat, Crystal! I have no idea what to expect for my first light saber. I'm just hoping it's a mater of ordering the correct parts, screw it and taping it (rubber grips) all together and you have a saber. But it would seem life is rarely that easy.

In the meantime, I have another design....thinking this might work better.

Thoughts? Shortened it up a bit.

"In this real world of ours, there is indeed a real Force...a true power, the proof of which is in every living thing - and that power, that Force, starts with the Cross."

Holy double post batman!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Uh Wha? oh....oh dear. sorry about that. Didn't even think about it! Just got my new design and put it up.

"In this real world of ours, there is indeed a real Force...a true power, the proof of which is in every living thing - and that power, that Force, starts with the Cross."