Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy's Light whip 2.0

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    okay how the heck did you get that 10 watt to work with a CF? my power source for my 10 watt green is 4 trustfire 14500s. and i want to use a CF but i want my blade flicker and stuff. but the CF wont work with that much voltage. come on what did he do?
    You'd have to ask Erv what he did.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    You must make a video of the saber/whip duel. I would love to see the results.
    We will. Gravy, LDM, Mark Preader (Caine) and I are in L.A. this weekend... so rest assured, we'll have some cool vids to make.

Part of the reason I'm on this L.A. trip is to deliver Anis' gift saber. You guys can see a build vid on my y-tube acc for that.

But as to Gravy's whip... yah... again--this is definitely an AWESOME thing, I can't wait to see it. Definitely the first of its kind, and despite me wondering all these years when someone would make a REALLY awesome whip would happen... I'm now quite GLAD it took so long!!

It's a good precedent to set for later on and future whip-builders, and even n00bz alike. Love it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I just saw the Jenzo vs Novastar pics on Facebook, and man... completely, utterly, and in all ways awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You'd have to ask Erv what he did.
    It'd be my guess that you hook up the LED to a battery pack, and then the board without an LED on it, so run it purely for sound, which would have it's own battery pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxos View Post
    It'd be my guess that you hook up the LED to a battery pack, and then the board without an LED on it, so run it purely for sound, which would have it's own battery pack.
    If this was true why does Grayven's LED flicker? Grayven is obviously running the LED off the CF

Yes it was controlled by the CF and that is why it flickers.

Do you have a link to those pics Scum_and_Villainy?

That was a lot of fun this weekend and as Nova's video's will show, the whip is a very excellent weapon against a Lightsaber. In fact if you have a lightsaber and go against a light whip, Just go home. You will be better off.

The whip we used this weekend was a direct driver 10W because my CF got stuck on the menu and had to go back to Erv for repair.

This weekend was a fantastic. I met some really great people.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I got to see and hold the light whip in person this weekend.

I didn't try whipping it though.
    TCSS MODERATOR

wait till you see the video J-LO. And in case you didn't know you where of the great people I got to meet this weekend. I just wish we had more time.
    There will be a next time, and it won't be A long long time from now in a galaxy far far away.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

lol.

I was ho
    ping you were counting me as one of the "great people" you met.

At least got to enjoy hanging out with you guys for a couple of hours on Saturday, anyway.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Scum_and_Villainy View Post
    I just saw the Jenzo vs Novastar pics on Facebook, and man... completely, utterly, and in all ways awesome!
    Wait until you see the video... I instigated Gravy and Jenzo to help me with a little "drill/test" to demonstrate the sheer STUPIDITY of anyone thinking that a whip was in any way inferior to or "equal to" a sword/lightsaber weapon.

I won't reveal any of the results yet, but... there will be a new thread, the video will tell the story, and... the light trails are just incredible. Plus a lot of slow motion!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide