Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy's Light whip 2.0

I'm sending Nova A neuticle.

Maybe next time Nova, wear an armored Vader cod piece.
    Isn't Vader's armor saber proof? You can't hurt what you
    can't hit.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

All joking aside, it was definitely not even close to the worst hit I've ever had, and... as everyone can plainly see--I continued on just fine.

Hasn't affected my *ahem* time with my fiancee' in the least bit, either...

Beyond that... I may as well mention that one of the reasons I love sabre fencing--is simply because the nutz are NOT part of the target area. Strangely enough, they ARE part of the target area in foil and epee'.

And, although it's true that mistakes are made... I can't remember the last time I was struck in the nutz (from fencing and even sparring)--except by Gravy, lol! So... I think it's been like... 8+ years??!

This would also come from the reasoning that it was Gravy's "first time" sparring (his words)... and he wouldn't have known any better than to avoid doing an "upward flick" style of attack... at a very central target... AND while in close quarters! I don't blame him, hahahah... we all had a lot of fun that night!

Besides... in my thinking, using the whip in that fashion (wrist snap that is an upward flick) is a VERY natural move, since the whip will generally be laying on the ground... so... now that it's coming up, it probably would be a good idea to have a cup/protector if anyone else does the drill/experiment.

I haven't worn a cup for sports since I played baseball back in the day though... So... it's not like I had one handy. Let alone in L.A. Let alone when we just decided to bust out with the experiment.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Default hey

Great videos guys. I working on building my first Saber. Never worked with electronics before so im having to learn everything as I go, and its slow going. I didn't even know about this site when I started.

My wife is going to be Lumiya for Halloween, I would ask for the specs to see if I could make a lightwhip before then, but im pretty sure that is a waste of time. So Gravy, you got one I can by from you?

1. you resuerected a very old thread
    2. No solicitation of any kind on these boards
    3. read the do and don'ts of this forum

Here

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7360

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You also spelled "buy" wrong.....
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You also spelled "buy" wrong.....
    lol!

BTW, since this thread was resurrected, Gravy posted a vid on Facebook showing the whip is now a true purple instead of pink. No FoC from what I can see (maybe the vid doesn't show it up good), but still looks tight.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Yes true purple with White Clash flash. I need to up load it to youtube.
    I'll go do it now.
    Check into Side-glow fiber

Yeah, it was hard to tell from the vid. But glad to hear you got your purple mojo going, Gravy!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!