Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy's Light whip 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Very cool!
    Not much use against a lightsaber though...
    Yeah your right. A whip against a sword would never have a chance.

Did you read any of the EU books? It took two saber to beat one whip. And then I wouldn't even call it a win.

A whip in my hands not deadly but in someones hands that is as equally trained as someone with a sword (saber) the whip would win any day.

Now I say good day to you sir, I'm off to hit myself some more with my whip.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmmmmm, good point.

I've fought a flail before against a user who knew what they were doing...
    Lost my sword in 5 seconds...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I'll see if I can provoke Nova and Caine into a fight this weekend. Nova with a saber and Kane with my whip. We'll put this to the test.

Nova Did you hear what Caine said about you and your panzzy saber fighting style?

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    I'll see if I can provoke Nova and Caine into a fight this weekend. Nova with a saber and Kane with my whip. We'll put this to the test.

Nova Did you hear what Caine said about you and your panzzy saber fighting style?
    I heard it, though I had to ask J-lo what some of the words meant!!

Great work Gravy, though a shirt wouldn't go amiss...
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Alright, Alright, I get it. On more gravy Man boobs.

For now on just look directly at the light thingy.

You know my wife actually said " Maybe you should put a shirt on and re shoot that".
    Which I said "Nope that was a great take."

I can see the battle already. Master whipper enters the room when the sith apprentace appears at the critical moment. Master whipper rears back to unfurl the deadly whip. Suddenly sith uses force lung attack from a distance. The motion of the deadly whip continues, sweeps back around the master wrapping around his neck in a tragic instant. Sith puts saber away.

amazing whip... i can still remember months ago whenever a the whip topic was suggested everyone went like "no... impractical...hard...dangerouse...bad dog..."-ish
    good job on this.

Hahahah, I'm down!! It would be fun, although for those who know me in the past (I mean BEFORE 2006, before I came to the "SW world" so-to-speak)... know I'm an advocate for the whip and variations on that type of weapon.

For those who are just talking out of their butts... let's go over some things that aren't questionable:

* "Real whip" or not... most whips are FAR longer than a sword

* True whips break the sound barrier... yes, that's right... the end of the whip cracks b/c it breaks the sound barrier. Don't believe me? Look it up--it's a FACT. If that gives you an indication of what happens to the substance/object/target on the receiving end... well... heeeeeeeerrrrrre's yer sign...

* The "randomness" and speed of the whip (like a flailing kite's tail in the wind)... is just bloody TOUGH to predict, and timing any kind of defense (or attack!) AGAINST a whip... is primarily a matter of luck in my opinion.

I *love* trying out real-time drills and exercises though... so... there's no reason why I can't don a mask and maybe some padded gloves (?) and let Gravy or whomever go nuts and see if I can get close without getting any severe thwacks.

I HIGHLY doubt I would be able to do so (without cheating and just simply "continuing to come forward")... but it'd be a FUN drill/game. Plus, if Gravy gets any good hits in, people will get to hear me laugh and go "OOOOOOWWWWWwwww....ohhh, ohhhh, ddddaaangg... ow, ow, ow..." lol

Make no mistake... even though Gravy's "cable style" whip isn't a de-facto bullwhip or stockwhip or snakewhip or blah blah blah blah bluh blah... it would probably hurt to be struck by it.

hhahhahaha, with my gimpy ankle right now (from the bad sprain)... I won't be doing much fancy/advanced footwork... that's sure.

Although it's MUCH better lately. I can actually fence a bit now. Although... NOOOOOO FLIPS/TWISTS, lol!!! Not yet.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Banned Sith Lord

okay how the heck did you get that 10 watt to work with a CF? my power source for my 10 watt green is 4 trustfire 14500s. and i want to use a CF but i want my blade flicker and stuff. but the CF wont work with that much voltage. come on what did he do?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You must make a video of the saber/whip duel. I would love to see the results.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php