Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber #20 (CS-20)

Banned Sith Lord

thats really nice. i love the sleekness of it. i love the 2.5s activation sound i saw ecossaber with the 2.5 and its awesome. nice design jay looks great

Intiresting design, althought not to my tastes still cool.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

That is gorgeous. I have a question how you got this and your other chromes to be so...chrome. Most chrome sinktubes are actually brass, and when you dremel them, the brass shows at the edges. (This is why I powder-coated the shroud of my MHS Qui-Gon with Patented Ultimate Chrome.) But I don't see any brass there at all. Along the same lines, did you just buff the heck out of the blade holder and other MHS parts to get it so shiny?

I love the drain cover! It doesn't look like a drain cover at all. Do you have a part number for that?
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    That is gorgeous. I have a question how you got this and your other chromes to be so...chrome. Most chrome sinktubes are actually brass, and when you dremel them, the brass shows at the edges. (This is why I powder-coated the shroud of my MHS Qui-Gon with Patented Ultimate Chrome.) But I don't see any brass there at all. Along the same lines, did you just buff the heck out of the blade holder and other MHS parts to get it so shiny?

I love the drain cover! It doesn't look like a drain cover at all. Do you have a part number for that?
    There is brass showing on the edges, the camera just didn't pick it up is all. What drain cover? The speaker grille, is actually a speaker grille from an old speaker that I used to use in MR powered sabers. I can't get them anymore, but I still have plenty of ruined speakers that I can remove grilles from.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    What drain cover? The speaker grille, is actually a speaker grille from an old speaker that I used to use in MR powered sabers. I can't get them anymore, but I still have plenty of ruined speakers that I can remove grilles from.
    Well, that explains why it doesn't look like a drain cover. Speaker grilles for a speaker. What a radical idea. I'll have to see if I can dig up any old speakers of the right size. Thanks for the answers.
    There's always a bigger fish.