Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Twin, Single Handed Dual Bladed Sabers?

I wanted to get into glow staff building for staff spinners. Much like what you've made but with a totally plain hilt with a thin tube of silicone over it for grip. I played with a breadboard and built a simple strobe circuit I found too as they look great in spinning staffs. However I ran out of capital so the project is currently on hold!!!

As for the whole "double staff in each hand" thing, NO problem. I do a lot of double staff spinning with fire. I use 4' firestaffs but I could get away with 5-6' in each hand I reckon. Obviously the hilts would have to be as short as possible to get more blade vs hilt length.

I had a play with a full double maul (7') in one hand and an anakin in the other last night. it was JUST about doable but the maul is SO f***ing long (and heavy after you've already done half hour of play) that it's really difficult.

I have seen a vid of this on youtube but TBH it was a bit lame. It mostly involved spinning one, with the other behind your back, then the other. There's better techniques for spinning with double staffs.

I'm gonna get back on the staff building project for my own benefit and just start really simple and build it up. No soundboard helps to keep the length down at least.

I've got a Ultrasound converted double maul (STEVE in each hilt) coming soon so I might try and do a short vid of a Maul in each hand (as I have a stock FX maul) just for a laugh. I'll post it if I do.

make sure that you do
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

i've been hawaiian fire knife dancing for a while... once you get the basic spins down, doubles are not as hard as they look. it's just a matter of getting it smooth. i spin single 5' fire staff most of the time, but my doubles are 3'6" each. it can be a quite a challenge when starting out but i think it's rad that you are liiking to spin short staves!!!

if you check out youtube, you can search "double fire staff" and you will find lots of vids.
    "always up in my grill you get" -"yoda," Return of Pink Five
    "Dude the fat guy totally just blew up." -Stacy, Pink Five

Quote Originally Posted by barjedi
    i've been hawaiian fire knife dancing for a while...
    Fire AND knives! DOUBLE dangerous!!!

All you need to do is add chainsaws in at the same time and you've got a world beating act!

it's not so bad, the woosh of the flames indicate the location of the dangerous cutting parts.
    the chainsaws sound like fun... can i light them on fire?

seriously though, if you get into doubles there are lost of vids you can find online and try to search for kali eskrima (sp)... you can find lots of tutorials for short staffs all over the net!!! check some of the fire dancing sites... watch out it's addictive
    "always up in my grill you get" -"yoda," Return of Pink Five
    "Dude the fat guy totally just blew up." -Stacy, Pink Five

Hey, you guys should try my sound fonts (via Erv's board)... "Phoenix Pyre Sword" and "Chainsaw".

Pretty fun, and a bit safer to juggle, hehehe....
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide