Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twin, Single Handed Dual Bladed Sabers?

Default Twin, Single Handed Dual Bladed Sabers?

I have an idea that seems pretty cool. Im thinking, a single handed double sided saber. Make the blades about 20", so that way they are easy to monouver. but have 2. The overall length per saber will prolly be about 46-47"

Hows that sound?

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

Give it a go! I played around with that myself but I could not get the right balance of hilt/blade that I was looking for. It would be way cool to do as I did a set for my brother-in-law out of PVC a year or so ago and he loves them. Are you thinking MHS with a blade holder on each end of the hilt? The emitter 3 or 4 would look way cool set up like that.

<center></center>

you might find this helpfulhttp://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
    it will let you figure what resistor you will need for 2 LEDs and offer you a wiring diagram to boot

HOLLAR!!! lol. i was thinkin of splitin a sink tube in half and there ya go...2 hilts.

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

That would be cool, I would think with the hilt that short you may have an issue with not enough grip room but if your not looking to spin them or anything fancy that would work out nice.

I am excited to see how they come out.

<center></center>

yeah i was thinkin that actually just because there are two hilts with dual blades it will be its own complete style.

edit: oh yeah, im finishing up my single blade right now, it may be some time before this design is done. i have a pic in my album of the one im workin on now.(just a little sketch)

I would love to see something like this LED staff-wise...

The smallest I've been able to make so far is a 17" hilt for a double-bladed, resistor-powered saber. It has two independent switches for each LED, and is powered by a 3.6v Li-Ion on either side--red-orange Lux III LEDs. Mainly 1.25" OD for the whole thing.

I could *maybe* wire up one that is 15" or 16", but that would be pushing it. Or, I could try to use other batteries and skip the dual recharge port thing.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Like this?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Ryma Mara

That would make a prity cool hilt in itself

Council Member
    Sith Lord

dang, that's small. i bet you could make it even smaller by taking out the ribbed extensions and putting in just the blank 3 inch joiners pieces.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!