Thread: Howdy fellas

Default Howdy fellas

Just wanted to say hello. Got bit by the saber bug a few weeks back and after much webcrawling, here I am. I'm a newbie to saber building, but not a newbie to resource-heavy forums, I know how to use the search function and I will not be a flaming troll.

That said and out of the way, I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm impressed with the wealth of info here. Some of you have gone to great lengths to share your wisdom with community and strangers, and I think that's awesome. Looking forward to planning and executing and will post a thread on my project once I get it rolling.

The goal so far is a Luke ROTJ non "hero" saber with a nice, evenly lit blade in as bright a shade of green as possible. Sound will be dealt with later.

*Edit - Something like Novastar's saber here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iaDE...eature=related. I love that green. As long as it looks evenly lit all the way through. I see a lot of sabers that flare too much at the hilt and get dim towards the tip. Not a fan of that look.
    Last edited by Graindog; 10-12-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Hi, and welcome to the forums!
    I'm curious as to what you mean exactly by "non-hero" luke ROTJ? Are you referring to the fact that it has a blade, or does it have something to do with the hilt?

Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Ah, I see. There's been a couple of V2's around that I've seen. If you want really accurate dimensions, you might want to check out madcow's Obi

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...806#post136806

since that's pretty similar, and you could probably use the same method he did and change the dimensions slightly.

Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And here's a few MHS versions that LDM did:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=9018
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Welcome! The reason Novastar's blade looks so evenly lit, is because its in a dark room.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    Welcome! The reason Novastar's blade looks so evenly lit, is because its in a dark room.

Possibly, but I've also seen a number of youtube vids in dark rooms with dim blades towards the tip. It's could be a result of a poor camera, but if not, I'd like to do whatever I can to avoid it.

Makototsai is very good at making evenly lit blades, as he uses an LED ladder.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    Dark rooms don't necessarily get rid of flare. I have seen plenty of sabers that have flare in a dark room. What gets rid of flare is a well made blade. IE. blade film, crystal paper, sanding (either inside or outside) or white polycarb like Tim's or the Ultraedge.