Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Custom Machined Saber with CF 3.1 Finally Finished!

Thanks guys, that means a lot.

cardcollector - This is my lathe here. I managed to get it cheaper than that, though, because I caught it during one of the local Harbor Freight's many sales.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably get a different lathe - one that has lower spindle speeds and automatic feed so I could do knurling and threading. I honestly didn't know a thing about lathes when I first bought this, almost two years ago now. Other than this saber and some modifications on my own personal saber, I haven't used it much. (It's been a very busy two years.) But hopefully that will change.

Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Excellent work LSM.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 10-16-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Spectacular!

Very nice work! I like the ribbed section. That is really cut groves not just painted right. I thought it was a little hard to tell in the pictures. Maybe I am just blind! The green in a great choice!

This image (i think it is the second one) shows (if you look close at the edge) the recessed sections PC'd black...

Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Very nice design, not completely original, but still awesome. Nice job.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Default nice work

Very good craftsmanship sir. Nice led display.

Hey how come it says this guy's a youngling!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It says he's a Youngling because he doesn't have a lot of posts, especially for how long he's been on the boards here.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Amptrooper - Shadar is correct. The grooves are not very deep, but yes, they are actually there. (The grip is actually very comfortable. The diameter there is smaller than 1.5" but larger than 1.25") I actually designed this hilt with the color choice of green in mind.

Sairon - yes, very correct! I actually got some of my inspiration from madcow's work. There were certain design elements I liked which I had seen in other sabers, so I put them together in a way I thought would be comfortable/duelable.

Sunrider - J-lo is correct, I don't post a whole lot. Mostly because there's usually nothing I need to say. And pointless posts have always bugged me - you know, the ones that say things like "I have no idea what the answer to your question is, maybe someone else does, ect."

Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

HeHe I was joking. It is said the third & final step to becoming a padawan is to fully construct your own lightsaber. Good job.

SR