Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Belts for Starkiller costume

Default Belts for Starkiller costume

Ok, so, hence my name, I figured I would go with a Starkiller costum for halloween. But ran into a problem. I have checked online, and at goodwill stores as well as salvatin army stores and could not find any sort of belt that resembles his in this picture at all. Any ideas? http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...entice_tfu.jpg
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

I'd say make your own. Try http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/ may be the only way to get what you want.

I actually looked there as well, but I dont think it woul be in time for halloween. I guess it's my fault for waiting this long. Thank you though!

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Not for nothing, but in a way it almost looks like a thicker more robust version of a santa clause belt, just hangin low on one side. But thats me and my warped way of lookin at things.

Only other thing I can think of would be to look at a western store or horse supply store. I know you can find all sorts of belts and buckles in those places.

You could always buy a leather jacket from good will and cut strips to size. Have you check to see if there is a tandy store in your area?

Were you going for all the belts or just one?

I am going for all of his belts. I like the leather jacket idea.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jackets are thinner garment weight leather though. Not ideal for making belts.

Looks like you need a bunch of 1" D-rings, too, I think there are more of those on his other side. You can get a 10 pack at Tandy.

It looks like he's got 6 separate belts, or maybe one is looped around twice. They are different widths and 2 have grooves along the edges.

How accurate are you trying to be? Are you going to do the shoulder armor?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yes, shoulder aror is on progress. I am using fiberglass wet-sheet. But belt accuracy isnt really that big of a deal to me.

Do you have any clothing outlet stores near you? might be able to get them cheep there.
    Make sure to check the women's section, better selection

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Jackets are thinner garment weight leather though. Not ideal for making belts.

Looks like you need a bunch of 1" D-rings, too, I think there are more of those on his other side. You can get a 10 pack at Tandy.

It looks like he's got 6 separate belts, or maybe one is looped around twice. They are different widths and 2 have grooves along the edges.

How accurate are you trying to be? Are you going to do the shoulder armor?
    Very true J-Lo but not all the belts have to be functional only one to hang the saber.

An idea popped into my head today. If you were to use different size webbed belts and glue the jacket leather to the webbing it could give you the look of all leather and be functional belts.

Don't forget the covertec cuz that's how his saber hangs.