Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: making your costume

Default making your costume

some people cant get a good jedi or sith costume so I started this thread to make very good costumes for cheap. you need to go to a couple of stores. For a jedi costume ,you need: a) a white karate gei, b) 2 yards of white felt, c)6 pieces of velcro, d) a brown belt, and d) some brown boots from this link: http://www.911buycostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/boot01.htm. Then you take your felt and cut 2 strips with these dimensions: length: 2 yds. width in center: 6-8 inches. width at ends: 3-5 inches. then cut a 3rd strip with these dimensions: width: 4inches. length: 4 inches more than the length around your waist. Now you want to take your 2 long strips and fold them in half. now you take 2 rough sides and cut them in half. then take them and put 2 pieces and put them on a strip. put 1 in the middle of of the strip 1 inche from the fold on the same on the other side of the fold. repeat this on the other strip. the small strip is very simple. just use the velcro to make a belt tike piece. now put your long straps on your shoulders. you want the fold at the peak of your shoulder. then you put the belt piece on your stomach and put on your belt in the middle.then put on the pants and the boots and your now a jedi. to be a sith just change the colors of your pieces and there you are!

post your other costume tutorials!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you just want a quick and dirty Halloween costume, without a robe, then yeah, this will work, I wouldn't call it a "good" costume. It'll get the basic point across that you are supposed to be a Jedi.

The "belt like thing" that goes under the belt is called an obi, or a sash. The "long shoulder straps" are called tabards.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 10-14-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Damn, why not just say "go away if you don't know the correct terms for things".

He is just tryin to help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Damn, why not just say "go away if you don't know the correct terms for things".

all that info is readily available, it's an OK costume if your just doing it for Halloween but don't think you can get into any of the costuming groups with this, it's not up to their standards.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was just trying to educate new people on the proper terms.

Makes it easier to find more costuming information that way.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Jester, what was the need for this response? J-Lo was clearly trying to add to his post by enhancing the information that it contained. She is an avid costumer and has a great deal of knowledge on the subject. Please refrain from posting simply to be argumentative. If the original poster feels slighted, I am sure that he will respond.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Sorry ya'll, I'm with the new guy on this one. J-Lo's post was abrasive and a touch insulting with the "I wouldn't call it good".

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe I should have quoted him better and said, "I wouldn't call it verygood."
    TCSS MODERATOR

Default k

honestly, i dont see why we are arguing. sure i dont know the terms, but we all get the point.and yes, you are probably right about the clubs, but it is good on video and halloween.

hey im with halon. when i read my replies now i was offended. but im glad you realized that it was misworded. thanks for the terms.